Infinite Flight Cache

Is it a good idea to clear the cache frequently ?
I always leave it alone

thanks

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

I refer you to this topic made by ATC supervisor Maxim that is still relevant to this day despite being more than 2 years old:

However, if you want the short answer, then no. Unless you experience corrupted scenery (such as airports not loading or fallling through the ground), you do not need to clear your scenery cache.

2 Likes

You clear your cache to NOT experience this. Additionally, it clears up your storage.

1 Like

Thanks, I remember reading this now back when it
was posted. It explains also why I just leave my scenery cache alone.

I forgot 🙄

1 Like

In that topic, it says infinite flight only downloads 200MB of scenery and then deletes the oldest streamed data to make way for new scenery if it has reached that maximum so that should not be an issue. You can access your settings in flight and clear your scenery cache from there, so leaving clearing scenery cache until you encounter scenery problems should not be an issue.

1 Like

yeah clearing your scenery cache while falling into the ground during landing really helps doesn’t it?

1 Like

That is not something you experience often unless your internet decides to become unstable at that very moment and makes you fall through the ground. I do not think a person would play infinite flight without clearing their scenery cache if they know they had an unstable connection moment recently.

1 Like

This topic is for when to suggest clearing cache after these issues happen. Clearing your cache once every few weeks reduces the chance of this happening. What harm could it possibly make?

1 Like

The original poster mentioned ‘frequently’ and you simply said ‘yes’. Once every few weeks is not ‘frequently’ 😅. In that sense, if you are flying the same areas you had gone to again (or pass through them in other flights) if you had not flown in other areas that would have made Infinite Flight already delete that scenery and download it again if you are back to it and are afraid that there may have been any cracks in scenery downloads despite having a stable internet connection, I would agree with you.

Actually, it doesn’t. No harm in doing it though. But since the cache is no bigger than 200mb, it clears itself out rather quickly.

2 Likes

Eh, my bad. dont listen to me yall

2 Likes