Infinite flight/ app keeps chrashing

Hello,

I just flew from London to Sydney. Like everyone else, the flight broke off shortly before I reached the final approach. All my flights break off, it doesn’t matter whether short or long haul. I restart my iPad and put the graphics down while I’m flying. Can anyone help me and solve the problem? I have already read all posts on IFC.

1 Like

Hello!

This is very thoroughly explained in the Support FAQ, with steps both suggested directly in the topic as well as linked suggestions from our developers.

Have you looked closer at that?
Additionally, what kind of iPad is it that you are using?

2 Likes

Hi,

I did everything exactly as it says in the post:
1.I restart my iPad

1. I put all the graphics down while I’m flying

3.I issue Airplane names

4.I set my hud after 2sec. going out

I think I use an iPad 6. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

The HUD or airplane names are not in need of modification.
How long into the flights are this usually occurring?

2 Likes

Hi,

My flights are always different. Sometimes they last 30min and sometimes 19h. The flight always stops shortly before the end.

1 Like

Do you change the graphics mid flight?

2 Likes

No, when the autopilot takes over I put all the graphics down and just before I take over Manuel again I put them up again. The flight mostly stops before I put up the graphics.

1 Like

Okay.
I would begin with not changing any of the graphics settings mid-session. It requires more of your device to do so.

Additionally as suggested in the FAQ, aim an external camera upwards to the sky during the flight. This helps relieve the pressure on the device as the event that is a big part of this issue, does not occur when you do (scenery loading).

2 Likes

I’ve always done that. I go to the Free Perspective and look at the sky

2 Likes

Good! (Recommend that you provide this information initially)

I’ll see if i can find anything standing out on your account, what is your current callsign and display name?

2 Likes

Does it matter if I fly day or night?

1 Like

Nope, it does not.

2 Likes

Ok, my name is GER Captain Jan and my callsign HAJ.

1 Like

Thanks!
Looks like most of your flights are lasting quite long though, with the most recent one crashing after 17hrs. There’s a few exceptions with shorter ones as you mentioned, but those are rare exceptions by the looks of it.

I would focus on doing what you did before this last 17hr flight, and maybe not try these ULH at this point. Your device is equipped with 2GB RAM, and it seems to be 2GB devices (and lower) that are affected by this mostly.

2 Likes

OK,
From how many hours of flight time does it become critical that the flight stops? How long can I fly? Thanks for the help

Can you do the same thing again for this account?

Captain Dominik

HAJ

1 Like

Looks pretty much the same in terms of hours.
I’d maybe keep it to 8-10hrs at the longest, for now.

2 Likes

Ok, Thank you for the help

1 Like