Infinite Flight and Real Life Flight Records

What are your flight records, both in Infinite Flight and real life? Here are mine:

Longest flight:

-(Real) Auckland-New York City
-(IF) Melbourne-Doha

Shortest Flight:

-(Real) Karpathos-Kasos
-(IF) Vienna-Budapest

Northernmost Flight:

-(Real) Oslo-Longyearbyen
-(IF) Helsinki-Rovaniemi

Southernmost Flight:

-(Real) Christchurch-Invercargill
-(IF) Sydney-Johannesburg

Easternmost (International Date Line) Flight:

-(Real) Nadi-Apia
-(IF) Noumea-Wallis

Westernmost (International Date Line) Flight:

-(Real) Maupiti-Rairatea
-(IF) Rarotonga-Honolulu

I count the westernmost/easternmost flights in their relation to the IDL directly in latitude, which is why Alaska isn’t on here.

Flight with most stops:

-(Real) Corfu-Zakynthos via Preveza and Kefalonia
-(IF) Tahiti-Paris via Seattle

Shortest International Flight:

-(Real) Manama-Dammam
-(IF) Brazzaville-Kinshasa

Longest Domestic Flight:

-(Real) Paris-Reunion
-(IF) Honolulu-Boston

Route flown most frequently:

-(Real) Athens-Chios
-(IF) Athens-Heraklion

Airline flown most frequently:

-(Real) Olympic Air
-(IF) Aegean Airlines

Airplane flown most frequently:

-(Real) ATR 72
-(IF) Airbus A320

Manufacturer flown most frequently:

-(Real) ATR
-(IF) Airbus

I know there’s probably been a post similar to this, but I don’t think someone’s ever done a collection like this. I will add more records in the future. What are your flight records?

EDIT: Of course, there are many flights a day that cross the IDL. These, of course, are not counted as part of my records. The record can only be held by a flight that stays exclusively one one side (this also excludes flights that start and end on one side but cross the IDL twice, in areas like Kiribati).

EDIT 2: Adding in two more records.

EDIT 3: Adding in three more records.

5 Likes

Please search before posting. this is a duplicate topic.Longest flight you’ve done on Infinite Flight & in real life?

Not exactly the same…

3 Likes

Yes, this post includes many records, the one you gave me is only for the longest flight.

2 Likes

They kind of are if you think about it. It’s basically asking the same question.

1 Like

IF: (new personal record) MSP-MSP, 31 hours on the dot

IRL: Stockholm to Newark, 9 hours 22 minutes

IF: MSP-Eau Claire, 22 minutes
IRL: Boston to Martha’s Vineyard, 19 minutes

IF: Kangerlussuaq to Copenhagen
IRL: Minneapolis to Keflavik

IF: Sydney to McMurdo Station
IRL: Atlanta to Liberia

IF: Alaska Milk Run
IRL: Stockholm to Minneapolis, via Newark and Des Moines (unintended)

2 Likes

lol now i wanna know how that happened

2 Likes

To make a long story short, we were supposed to go ARN-EWR-MSP. First leg got delayed, missed the connection, then got rebooked through Des Moines. Got to see Des Moines airport at 11:00 PM. Safe to say not much going on.

1 Like

IRL: Toronto to Taipei
IF: Some stupid laps I did around the south pole trying to revive the Ekranoplan concept

IRL: Vancouver Harbor to Victoria Harbor
IF: Probably some random testing session

IRL: Toronto to Taipei (technically goes closer to the poles than any other flight I’ve been on)
IF: Anchorage to Barrow

IRL: Melbourne to Singapore
IF: One of the random bases on Greenland to South Pole

IRL: Singapore to Sydney
IF: Some island hop in the Pacific

IRL: YVR-HNL
IF: Some island hop in the Pacific

IRL: Toronto to Sydney via Munich and Singapore
IF: I end flight after every flight

3 Likes

Longest flight:

-(Real) Hong Kong - Chicago
-(IF) Singapore - New York

Shortest Flight:

-(Real) Bagan - Mandalay
-(IF) Sal - Boavista

Northernmost Flight:

-(Real) London Heathrow - Glasgow
-(IF) Reykjavik - Nuuk

Southernmost Flight:

-(Real) Melbourne - Hobart
-(IF) Punta Arenas - Nelson Island

-(Real) Port Vila - Tanna
-(IF) Hong Kong - Auckland

-(Real) Dallas - Phoenix
-(IF) Auckland- Rarotonga

I count the westernmost/easternmost flights in their relation to the IDL directly in latitude, which is why Alaska isn’t on here. To me the defining point of east or west is the arrival airport.

Flight with most stops:

-(Real) Hong Kong - Nagoya via Taipei
-(IF) Hong Kong - Addis Ababa via Bangkok

Shortest International Flight:

-(Real) Hong Kong - Kaohsiung
-(IF) Hong Kong - Guangzhou

Longest Domestic Flight:

-(Real) Nelspruit - Cape Town
-(IF) Rio - Manaus

The above is without changing plane, if this is just stops on your way to somewhere, then it is a lot more!

Edited to match the new records added.

1 Like

They have this fun thing in Greece where ATR (and sometimes Dashes) planes hop around islands and/or mainland cities. I try to recreate it in IF sometimes but the airports are so small that only GA can really operate in IF. These also happen in areas like French Polynesia, Micronesia and Alaska but these are more Public Service Obligation (I’ve been on an Air Tahiti island hopper, and the United island hopper). Some can do up to ten stops, but the one I’ve been on is the Ionian Express (CFU-PVK-EFL-ZTH).

Very interesting topic and it’s always fun to delve into statistics and records!

Longest flight:

• Real: Singapore - New York JFK
  • IF: London LHR - Sydney

Shortest Flight:

• Real: Riga - Tallinn
  • IF: General Aviation: Lukla - Phaplu; Commercial Aviation: Brazzaville - Kinshasa (worth mentioning because in real life it is or was operated by an AFR B772!)

Northernmost Flight:

• Real: Warsaw - Helsinki
  • IF: Tromso - Longyearbyen

Southernmost Flight:

• Real: Sydney - Christchurch
  • IF: Christchurch - Phoenix Airfield (Antarctica)

• Real: Christchurch - Rotorua
  • IF: Auckland - Apia (Samoa)

• Real: Munich - San Francisco
  • IF: Cold Bay - Adak (Alasca)

Flight with most stops:

• Real: - (no flight with stops, just normal layovers / change of flight numbers)
  • IF: Tromso - Sorkjosen-Hasvik-Hammerfest-Honningsvag-Mehamn-Berlevag-Batsfjord-Vardoe-Vadso - Kirkenes
2 Likes

Interesting, as the flight shows up as 50 minutes on the current operator’s schedule
(18:45-19:35). It is operated by the Togolese airline ASKY on the route Lome-Kinshasa via Brazzaville (I’ve been on the first leg Lome-Brazzaville), on a Boeing 737. How long did you do the flight in-game?

Did the Concorde ever set a record?

Both cities are actually located right next to each other and are only separated by a river (and the border). I just looked it up, at the moment Air France operates flights AF756 and AF770 with a B77W on the route CDG-BZV-FIH-CDG. The average flight time (airborne) from Brazzaville to Kinshasa is just 14 minutes:

After takeoff from Brazzaville you are literally already on the downwind to Kinshasa. This must also be the time it took me to make the short hop to Kinshasa in Infinite Flight, although before that I also did the flight from Paris to Brazzaville.
However, the scheduled flight time for the AF flights is 40 minutes, similar to ASKY’s 50 minutes you mentioned. I think that this route is a rare case where the time from gate to departure runway and from arrival runway to gate is longer than the actual flight time. This is really a very special and interesting route.

1 Like

Longest Flight (IF) - WSSS to KEWR w/ A359
Longest Flight (IRL) - KSEA to KDFW w/ 738

1 Like

The service on November 1 did the trip in just over 10 minutes, including taxi. It is scheduled 40 minutes (Air France) probably just to account to delays as this service has a very high delay rate (The 1 November service was delayed 50 minutes at Brazzaville and landed with a 20 minute delay in Kinshasa). In Infinite Flight, I did this trip on the Air France Boeing 777 in 35 minutes, probably due to following SIDs and STARs that were unnecessarily too long.

This has to be the shortest international flight.

1 Like

yes very generic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.