Infinite Flight Airport Editing Application

I would focus on the 🇦🇽🇮🇸🇳🇴🇸🇪🇫🇮🇩🇰 ❤️

5 Likes

My home state of Michigan is what I would love to focus on . We need some airports badly here in the sim !

2 Likes

Are the custom towers also can be made in in-app editor?

No, they’re made in other apps

Feel you bro from Finland!

2 Likes

This was beyond my expectations, ever since Infinite Flight Object Hunt, @DeerCrusher announced that 3D airport editing will be available to the public and I’m so excited, and I can’t believe it’s coming sooner than I thought.

Thank you

4 Likes

From what I know, there is no “rejection”, just a waitlist I guess

That is correct @Michigan_Aviation from what DeerCrusher said:

Considering hundreds of people have applied, its gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong waitlist. Are you actually going to read every application @DeerCrusher ? Lot of effort

@NemAir As DeerCrusher has mentioned:

2 Likes

Oops sorry didn’t see. There are so many messages here. RIP: I think I chose some common choices so I doubt I will get it

It makes sense for DeerCrusher to invite people who would like to work on regions that don’t have many 3D airports so that there is more diversity in the airports available. But as DC said, it is a partly random selection process.

Question: Why do you want to be on the IFAET (Actually I’d be interested what the community answers)

My answer: Because I like learning and using design and engineering programs as it is a great skill, and a potential job, in the future. I would also like to help InfiniteFlight grow and reach new communities, such as those underrepresented in terms of airports (e.g. East Europe / Middle East (such as Iran)

6 Likes

Yes completely agree with your comment. However, there are airports all over the world in different regions that have smaller civilian airports that haven’t been added yet. The same goes with General Aviation and Military Airports.

Obviously regions with fewer edited airports are more likely to be chosen, however, I also think there will probably be an equal amount of editors chosen for all of the regions.

2 Likes

“Why do you want to join the IFAET”
Me:

1 Like

As most editors will start off working on smaller GA airports, we’ll probably see quite a few coming in future updates.

Yes, I know what you mean.

I think they should be edited and added and they most likely will be at some point.

It’s easy for people to just think of the big airports but the smaller ones are pretty much just as important.

3 Likes

Yes of course! Can’t forget the smaller ones! :)

2 Likes

Honestly I would argue that having more smaller airports would be more important than having more hubs as it could open up use of smaller aircraft on those route. Like traverse city Michigan to Detroit or ohare

2 Likes