Infinite Flight 787-8 Cruise Altitude

That is the route I use most.

it depends on distance you are flying, on shorter flights you can go FL150, when the distance is about 100 nm, thats how I fly and that works perfect for me
of course on shorter trips I go lower, 10 000 -> 12 000 ft max

1 Like

Good question tho because I see people klax to ksan at like fl250 descending at like 5000fpm

3 Likes

I normally fly in the Southern California region. As far as I can tell, it depends on the distance, but is also around FL120-150.

Yea… that should not be happening…

Maybe this Topic can help you more 😊

Or Checkout @David_Lockwood 's interesting calculation in deciding Cruising altitudes 😉

What should my cruising altitude be for small/regional flights

6 Likes

Yep! That looks great! Thank you!

1 Like

This may also be helpful -

2 Likes

I usually look at Flight radar 24 before making a flight to look at the cruising altitude. (Only works with irl flights)

2 Likes

In the larger regions like SoFlo, Hawaii and Singapore & Kaula Lumpur I would normally cruise at atleast 25,000ft. I normally cruise at around 32-34,000ft. For smaller regions like London, New York and South Carolina, I would normally cruise at 20,000ft.

2 Likes

I ONLY fly 787’s I’ve had this question before but never got an answer so I just stick to FL350

1 Like

I normally cruise between 27,000’ to 30,000’, primarily if the aircraft is light. For short flights I cruise between 14,000’ to 25,000’.

1 Like

Hi there,
I suggest you to utilize altitudes between FL180 and FL220. Not only are these relatively perfect to adapt to any crossregion flights, also you see a lot of the scenery, other than going even higher. If you plan on surrounding-the-region flights, the choice should be to go much higher, as written above.

1 Like

Well also don’t forget that the Denver region starts at about 5000 fmsl; not forgetting to mention that it is one of the larger regions. I would say that cruising between FL200-250 is pretty acceptable there.

1 Like

It’s funny how everyone mentions the regions size I really don’t care about that it doesn’t matter what region I am I always go 35,000

Well if you always fly at FL350 why ask the question from people who might be able to answer the question?

Whilst people have been mentioning size of regions, the height you fly any aircraft depends on the length of the route. If you are flying only 100nm it is different cruise level to one if you fly 500nm.

2 Likes

Honestly until global comes out I’m practicing long hauls so I just surround the socal region taking off back and forth from KSAN and KLAX my flights last a little over an hour each way

When I had the 787, I usually flew at FL400 just to get around faster. But the Point A to Point B distance will determine the altitude you use.

1 Like

Why don’t you have it anymore?

I no longer have Live+ and never bought the aircraft individually yet. @Thiago_Ortega-Gamaro