Infinite Flight 3D Art Blog Post

Before aircraft make their way into the Infinite Flight world, they must be heavily researched, linked to animations, and mapped to our in-house physics engine. Before they ever leave the ground, they must be modelled in 3D space. This crucial step is where our 3D artists work their magic.

Read the full article →

66 Likes

My reaction:

47 Likes

Nice love the info!

1 Like

Very interesting. Amazing to have someone so experienced like Mr. Deken on the IF team!

3 Likes

Good to know!I have coupld questions myself I would like to ask him

This was very informative! Thanks! Love the model ♥️

1 Like

I love this thank you!!

Yet another detailed, informative post that goes deep in depth on the 3D Art process. I’m lovin these blog posts.

7 Likes

Wow. Loved the blog post. It never ceases to amazing me when I do my pre-flight walk around of an aircraft in IF. The level of detail in the modeling is so emaculate, it usually delays my startup time by 10 mins. LOL. I can even practice my RL pre-flight walk around on aircraft that I’m familiar with. What an amazing job that the 3D designers do!!

2 Likes

I love learning about this stuff, keep it up guys! This is awesome!

🙃Can’t wait…

I really wanna know how they make that model come to life like the engines spinning and gear retracting setting it down wheels turning flaps etc

I believed either used to model the blender software

1 Like

This is outstanding! Great work everyone!

This is really something fantastic. I love the new development timeline!

6 Likes

Very Exited!

What an amazing blog post! Very informative.

Very interesting and informative Jason! (Those 3D CAD renderings are just as cool as the actual finished product haha). Also, very cool to get a behind-the-scenes look at the very detailed work you have done and continue to do @jarno80 Really appreciate your eye for detail in the sim!

2 Likes

Good work Developers! I can now see the plane In my mind…

Now. We just wait.

Wow Jason, just

WOW

great work - keep it up