Infinite Flight 2021 Year In Review

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

2021 Year In Review

Another year of Infinite Flight has come to a close and we are again taking some time to reflect over the past year. The air behind us has been full of adventure; the sky ahead, clear. Although 2021 still hasn’t looked “normal” for many, we’re thankful to be forging ahead, bringing new features to Infinite Flight and to mobile flight simulation. Read the full article →

On a personal note from me, thank you to all of you. Since 2014, Infinite Flight has been a huge part of my life and it’s because of my colleagues and this community that I now have friendships that will last a lifetime. The last 2 years have been filled with a lot of joy and success, and a lot of loss and challenges for many. In spite of that, we push on and do our best. We don’t always thrive; sometimes we just get by. We don’t always live; sometimes we just exist. But it’s in the moments of truly thriving and living that we can see what motivates us, and what gives us purpose.

The Infinite Flight Community is truly the heart and soul of this simulator. We can’t do it without you and for that, we say thank you. Here’s to many blue skies and tailwinds for 2022. Keep the dirty side down.

200 Likes

Very eventful year! This sim looks completely different than it did in 2019, even 2020. I can’t wait to see what 2022 holds.

43 Likes

A awesome year for Infinite Flight

7 Likes

If you told me 2021 would have had 3D buildings, let alone over 100 airports with buildings, as well as 3 new aircraft, I would have just told you you’re lying.

Yet here we are.

25 Likes

Animated jet bridges. 👀

Awesome post, Jason! I’m super excited for 2022!

72 Likes

Animatee jetbridges !!

2 Likes

And Atlanta 3D preview

2 Likes

Animated jetbridges! I am so looking forward to 2022!

4 Likes

Hello Atlanta, you look beautiful.

44 Likes

Ayyy animated jet bridges!!! I am so excited! I wonder what else they’ve been working on behind the scenes…

5 Likes

NOM

Now this is just paradise.

1 Like

With custom tower

2 Likes

I am really curious as to how the animated jetbridges will work…

How will they know which aircraft?
How will they know the position of the aircraft on the stand?
How will they know where on the plane to latch onto based on the aircraft position?

11 Likes

Remarkable year!! Fantastic outcome from Devs work. Well done folks!! Amazingly less drama too…more cool heads…wonderful for the IFC too.

1 Like

WOW ATLANTA 3D !!! Thank you so much devs.

6 Likes

I am more than sure all of this info will be communicated closer to release. For now, let’s enjoy the hype!

5 Likes

Woah hype for animated jetbridges!! Hope to see some new Ground Teams coming with those hopefully 👀👀

2 Likes

2021 has been a great year and now I’m absolutely stoked for 2022! Can’t wait for all the amazing new features!

6 Likes

Built in AI…😂…nothing is impossible.

Will the canopy of the gate be animated?

9 Likes