Infinite Flight 2021 Year In Review

Thank you to all, Staff, Devs, Mods, IFATC, Airport Editors, Alpha/Beta testers, and everyone else who works tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure an amazing experience. Thank you to all for a great year. Can’t wait for another year of growth and shattering more glass ceilings!

Thanks Jason for this, I think we all need it. Remember, when things look like they’re rough, just keep swimming. And remember to love one another, be patient, help each other, listen to each other, give and you will receive.

9 Likes

Is it automatic or manual?

Ground crew manually moves the jet bridge.

What. A. Year.

One of the best years of Infinite Flight with the brand new 3d Buildings to the spectacular A220 to put the icing on the cake to an incredible year. It was just about a year ago we were all freaking out for 3D Buildings and now there’s 100+ airports in game that have 3D Buildings. Absolutely incredible work by everyone that works with the Staff and Developers team.

I’m so excited to start by 3rd year of flying on Infinite Flight (Global version) and my 3rd year on this community forum.

Thank you to everyone here whether you’re a community forum member, an airport editor, staff and developers for making this a spectacular year. I’m so excited for 2022 here at Infinite Flight, especially those jet bridges. Those look awesome!

Have a great new year everyone,
Mason

1 Like

But what about like the parking line since in real life the parking lines tell you what aircraft go at that line when you get Marshaled into the gate since we don’t have this in infinite flight will we have to memorize the location of where each plane should park so the jet bridge can properly connect

1: They know which aircraft they are docking to, it’s right there :)
2: The magic of 3D Vector Math, Pythagorean Theorem and various other things.
3: I’ve set the position of doors in all the planes 🥵

49 Likes

Ahh i see thank you

1 Like

Will the player be able to control where it goes or is it just automatic?

Lotta math that goes into this lmao.

1 Like

The progress that happens every year is truly incredible and the development has improved so much every single year! i’m looking forward to see what 2022 has in store for Infinite Flight and i’m sure it’s going to be amazing! Thank you for making this sim bigger and better each year✈️

Lot more than you think right? That’s why the devs deserve the praise they get.

1 Like

For the first version, it’ll be just a simple dock/undock and it gets the available jetbridges. Some airports may not have that functionality initially, depending on how much time it takes to retrofit them. The process should be quite easy so I’m hopeful most airports will have the gates in working order :)

18 Likes

Very true, very true lol.

@Laura Ah okay, thank you.

It sure has been a FANTASTIC year for Infinite ♾ flight ✈️.

With amazing 🤩 updates. ✨

Looking forward to seeing those jet bridge’s 👀

✨𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫✨
🥂 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 2022🥂

1 Like

No, that is unbeatably perfect.

Glad to hear! 😂

1 Like

Automatic for now. I used a manual system to dev, but for simplicity, it’s all auto.

Airport editors will configure doors/gates to make sure all assignments make sense.

22 Likes

Can’t wait for the jet bridge to connect to a A380 in Dubai 🇦🇪

1 Like

So it’s basically just a button that you press and it will attach and unattache?

Yes, that’s it.

8 Likes