Infinite Flight 2018 Recap | Your Predictions For 2019

Man it’s been a wild year in a good way! I am so happy we have such a great team that works hours at a time to give us the best experience. Anyways in the next year I predict there will be some type of ERJ update\rework. Other than that I really don’t know what to predict as they surprise us all the time.

1 Like

I’m definitely predicting for taxiway lights by the end of the year, and perhaps some weather based updates, but more of “progress” updates opposed to completion such as rain, snow, etc. These devs work so hard and I hope they’re feeling well about all the work they’ve done because it’s been fantastic.

My only hope is for multi shared cockpit with VOIP.😀

3 Likes

In no particular order my most important updates in 2019 would be:

A350, taxiway and city lights, higher quality aircraft lights, clouds.

1 Like

Ok, here we go. I’m going to be really specific with this one.

19.1: 757 rework with a live cockpit (possibly live replay)
( Similar to the A-10, a cockpit with multiple dials and gauges.)

19.2: 767 rework w/ live cockpit, *including 777 soft rework
( If IF can tackle the 757 cockpit, 767 should follow right behind as the cockpits are literally the same.)

19.3: Cessna Citation X rework w/ live cockpit (including Super-D rework)
( This could be a real test for IF, the CCX cockpit would be the first to feature 4 large display screens.)

19.4: A330-300 rework, with all of the fancy new stuff (including 747 soft rework)

19.5: New A330-200 along with the reworked -200F

19.6: Airbus A340-600 rework (including some sort of ground lighting rework)
(Very similar the the 330)

Final thoughts:
This is quite the hike for the IF team but I feel as if they improve on each new aspect we can expect quicker development on some of the most wanted features. Only the devs know what is on the way and I hope too see some of these additions in the near future!

2 Likes

I know I’ve given a little bit of thought into this topic, but here’s what I would like to see in 2019:

• B757 Ground-Up Rework including the live cockpit and addition of the B757-300
  • A330 Ground-Up Rework including the live cockpit, truck tilt, and addition of the A330-200
  • Taxiway Lights
  • @Ethan_Chloe123’s Drag and Taxi Feature
  • Scenery for the rest of the world (where we’re able to, including SA and areas like Singapore). Edit: That’s been confirmed! Yay!
  • If we could get even a soft rework of the B747, that could be nice but I’d really like a full rework.
  • At least a soft rework of the B777 could be really nice, even though I would prefer a full rework.

I know this seems like a lot, but seeing what the Infinite Flight team is capable of, I’m sure they can accomplish it. If they can’t get to all of that, that’s obviously fine. Whatever does happen will be great!

I’m looking forward to a great year of Infinite Flight! This year has been amazing, and the IF Team has accomplished amazing things. I can’t wait for what 2019 has to hold!

4 Likes

Looking back at 2018 - it was a great year to grow with IF as well as see DLVA flourish. We as a VA launched the best VA website around with the help of great designers.

My favorite features released were the CRJ series, such a great aircraft, and great for all of the VA’s that operate it

A few things I’d like to see in 2019

• South American scenery - it’s a region that will be so awesome when updated. It’s what the sim is really missing (@Transport_Hub May have a different opinion)
  • improved taxi system. Right now as IFATC it’s very limiting in getting someone to taxi. Would be great to have better taxi maps and improved ground control
  • a350 - pretty simple. It’s the community request and if there’s one active aircraft now in IF, this is the one wanted.
  • b738 max series - just a personal request, would be cool
  • return of terrain - would make controlling approach so much better again. Idk how the great controllers do it, as much as I’ve been familiar with plates, would make it easier
4 Likes

I really only wish for the A330. We had a great year, I hope we can make next year better!

This is a better recap that YouTube recap 2018

1 Like

I have no particular features I’d “love” to have next year. Obviously things such as taxiway lights and twenty different reworks would be nice to have, but I think its important to remember that the developers have limitations, and unbridled ambition.

In that respect, I believe no matter how much we speculate or guess what’s to come next year, Infinite Flight will still manage to shock us with their development and improvements that even we couldn’t imagine. Can’t wait for 2019!

3 Likes

I would love to see exterior aircraft lighting like tail lights, stronger strobe and becon lights, and interior lights for all aircraft. I would also love to have cabin views added and taxiway lights. I would also want to see weather in real time like snow or rain. For aircraft, I would like to see the B737 MAX8, 9, and 10 added and the official rework of the A330. Lastly, I would like to finally see the scenery of South America.

2 Likes

This actually makes a lot of sense, the 767 and 757 coming at the same time or near each other.

Here is my prediction for IF in the coming year

19.1: A330 rework with introduction of A350 also (A330-200/F, A330-300, A350-900, no A350-1000). Live cockpits will be included. South America and Indonesia/ polar imagery is confirmed for the first update if 2019 as thought. Predicted Announcement time: Late January 2019. Predicted Release Time: Mid March 2019

19:2: Ground Traffic ATC rework featuring drag and slide taxiing on Airport Layout Chart. Terrain Map for 100nm radius re introduced and terrain over 60° latitude and below -60° latitude introduced. Comments: This would be a very “minor” but important update from the functionality side of features Predicted Announcement Time: Late March 2019. Predicted Release Time: End of April 2019

19.3: B757 rework with 767 soft rework (B757-200/F, 757-300, new liveries for 767-300) with live cockpit on 757s. Comments: The 757 will be the focus of this rework as the physics for the 757 are in much more need of repair than for the 767. This rework will not have much else beyond that. Predicted Tease Time: Mid April 2019. Predicted Release Time: June 2019 a week or two after the conclusion of FlightSimExpo

19.4: Spitfire Rework with introduction of P-51 Mustang. Comments: This one is the biggest surprise on the list but also the most likely after the A330 rework. The reason is Developers have made it clear they want to balance out the app with new types of aircraft. This will fill the area of both military and vintage aircraft and would really bring in some avid WW2 aviation fans. Announcement Time: Hard Prediction at FlighSimExpo 2019 as this would generate the biggest hype for some older Flight Sim users. Predicted Release Time: August 2019

19:5: A340 rework (A340-200/300/500/600) and introduction of ground lights for airports within 10nm of aircraft. Comments: This will be the last release for IF for 2019 and very well may be broken down into a different stages of release such as what happened with the CRJ family. The A340-600 will be the first to come out of the rework followed a few weeks later by the A340-500. The A340-200/300 will come together along with the Ground lighting portion. Sadly, with this update the developers will remove any further IF updates for any device that fails to have 2GB RAM and not support OpenGl ES 3.1 Announcement: Hard Prediction announcement during FlightSimExpo 2019. Predicted Release Time: Beginning of October for A340-600 and end of October 2019 for A340-500. Beginning of December for A340-200/300 and Ground Light rework.

All this is speculative but having seen what the Developers are capable off after this year I full believe this is completely possible. In addition, having seen the direction of their updates in the last year, the developers targeted aircraft seem very likely as well. If the updates are close to what is presented you can expect IF to come much closer to competing with the quality that Microsoft Flight Simulator X has, seeing as FSX no longer receives updates

14 Likes

Most detailed prediction I’ve seen! I have no doubt that given what we’ve seen this year that most of what is detailed in this list could happen.

2 Likes

I see I have a lot to try out when I return :) I expect what IF devs always deliver, amazing and super detailed updates based on what the community wants to see!

I hope for an A350…
It would also be amazing if we got an a380 rework 😍

4 Likes

737MAX or 737-200. Or even 727!

2 Likes

ATR 72 and A350, and maybe an A330 rework.

1 Like

No Lights fix the lightning for both aircraft and ground lights in other words add Add taxiway lights and add ground lights maybe add yellow markings that glow at night because night flying is not si much fun the lights on the plane don’t even light up that much it’s boring nothing to look at add tail logos as well and also IMPROVE!!! the plane lights make em brighter I know I already said it make the landing lights illuminate the ground when so when they land u can see the ground when it’s night!! PLEASSSSSEEEEE!!!

1 Like

SA confirmed and A330 probably, but the ATR Family…

1 Like

Hey wait, 95% no come every, waaaaait