Infinite Flight 20.2

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

In its second major update of the year, Infinite Flight has released version 20.2. It’s an update that may seem to have widebody variants as the heroes, but if we dig deeper, there is much more at the core.

To the Infinite Flight Community

Thank you to all of those who participated in our Open Beta program!

We spent a lot of time in this release improving our backend systems and fixing many snagging issues in the app to allow us to keep improving Infinite Flight in the future. These fixes allow everyone to get the most out of the sim. With lots of changes comes a large chance of critical bugs, and we really appreciate your time, patience, and reports as we worked through these in Open Beta.

– Cameron, Infinite Flight Developer

Read the full article →

20.2 Release Notes

• REWORKED B77F, B77W, B77L which include 17 new liveries, real 777 sound pack, animated cockpit with live instruments, improved flight physics, main gear steering, gear tilt, wing flex, and more. All are available to Infinite Flight Pro subscribers
  • NEW Interior and Exterior drone cameras for all aircraft, which follow the aircraft even while in flight!
  • NEW completely reworked login and user system with account linking to the Infinite Flight community forum
  • NEW account settings screen for managing callsign, subscription, account linking, and accessing statistics
  • NEW customizable configurations for the flight data info bar. Switch using the “Interface” systems menu
  • NEW warning sound prior to receiving violations
  • NEW battery information in info bar (iOS only) and for ATC and Angle of Attack (AOA) in info bar
  • NEW Anonymous mode for users with linked forum accounts who do not wish to show their username in flight
  • NEW ATC commands including departure in sequence
  • NEW iOS Flight plan sharing/saving, compatible with ForeFlight, and more
  • IMPROVED callsign system with country-specific filters and rules
  • IMPROVED Autopilot SPD mode can no longer be enabled on the ground
  • IMPROVED C172 power & high AoA behavior
  • IMPROVED “Unable to Communicate” no longer issues violation but disconnects user
  • IMPROVED A320 engine geometry
  • IMPROVED “WPT” for aircraft start position no longer added to flight plan as first waypoint when on the ground. Closest airport will be used if found
  • IMPROVED XCub can now land off-airport without warnings or violations
  • IMPROVED Better support for SmoothTrack with OpenTrack
  • IMPROVED Back end systems with server performance improvements and bug fixes
  • FIXED Map filters for ATC
  • FIXED Visual approaches for center
  • FIXED Bug where winds would sometimes be based on camera position rather than aircraft
  • FIXED Pushback bug which would allow forward momentum during pushback
  • FIXED Pronunciation of callsigns (KLM and DHL, letters in identifiers)
  • FIXED Autopilot issues from when control sensitivity settings were changed
  • FIXED Surface layer fog now updates smoothly between weather reporting stations
  • FIXED B777 flaps
  • UPDATED Display names have been removed. Linking your Infinite Flight Community account in settings now allows you to display your forum username while in flight

323 Likes

Wohoo, it’s here! Great job to the Infinite Flight team.

Now… stop complaining about it not being out yet.

47 Likes

We are beginning with a staged release on Android, followed by iOS, to ensure we cover any launch issues smoothly. Please note we don’t know at what time it will reach your device as this is determined by the App Store and Play Store.

Thanks for your patience!

79 Likes

Yay! It’s finally here!

4 Likes

superb stuff IF team !!!
Cant wait to see everyone flying around !!!

4 Likes

Great work everyone!

3 Likes

Was a lot of fun testing the update, can’t wait for 21.0 (although I wish it would be 20.3)

5 Likes

finally its coming. this is the best thing happen before the end of this year. when i get off work later today, it should be here. thank you Infinite Flight 😁

4 Likes

Wohoo! Great job to the developers, and to everyone who made this update possible!

2 Likes

I love this. I never even knew of it until now 😂

Actual Bush flying on Expert 👏

24 Likes

Great job, dev team!

2 Likes

Catch me flying the 777 CLT-DFW as a test

2 Likes

Woho!! Great job guys and everyone who made the update possible!

1 Like

Woohoo! Lets go!

1 Like

Yay! LET’S GOOOOOO!

2 Likes

Virtual Pilots Rejoice!! 😁

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

I have a proposed addition for that list, since in my completely unbiased opinion cough, I think it’s huge. 😂

ADDED: 6 DOF Head Tracking API which supports SmoothTrack

Edit - Scratch that, it does mention SmoothTrack already. 😂 Thanks again for an amazing release, best ever.

24 Likes

Yay! Great job to the Infinite Flight team!

2 Likes

@SkyTrail the time has come!

3 Likes