Blog article by Jason Rosewell
Last year, the Infinite Flight community was asked to vote on which aircraft they would like to see built or reworked in the simulator. The answer was clearly to rework one of aviation’s widebody giants; the Boeing 777. Infinite Flight 3D artists and aircraft developers set to work building a model from the ground up. In the first update of 2020, Infinite Flight brings the reworked B772 with other variants to follow, along with a new worldwide database of navigation data with instrument procedures, and much more.
20.1 Release Notes
Reworked B777-200 with animated cockpit, reworked B737 live cockpit, new VNAV, global instrument procedures, and more!
- B777-200 includes 19 existing and 7 new liveries, real 777 sound pack, animated cockpit with live instruments, improved flight physics, main gear steering, gear tilt, wing flex, and more. Available to Infinite Flight Pro subscribers.
- B737 family cockpit rework with animated flight deck featuring live instruments and two new liveries.
- APU with realistic sounds added to all equipped aircraft.
- VNAV added to the autopilot system across our entire fleet for fully automated descents.
- NEW Global database of instrument procedures including SIDs, STARS, and Instrument approaches for all airports with published procedures provided by NavBlue.
- Airspace rework with properly defined airspaces, waypoints, NAVAIDs, and more, updated regularly to reflect real-world changes.
- NEW Oceanic tracks
- NEW Center control facilities for ATC
- NEW Digital ATIS (D-ATIS), new ATC commands, and ATC interface improvements
- Server moderation improvements. Ghosts/Reports are now part of our violation system on our live servers.
- Reworked pilot grade system, improved violation interface, and on-screen options to jump straight to our online tutorials.
- Gate restrictions removed on casual server
- “Aircraft too large” message added for destination airports
- FIXED long-haul crashes for some iOS users
- FIXED Wheels now move in replay mode
- Performance improvements and bug fixes