Infinite Flight 18.5 Release

The updated ground handling is the best part of this update! You can really feel the weight of larger aircraft now on the ground and you have much more realistic taxing since more input is required to turn the plane. The TBM engine sounds are amazing, the quality level of aircraft keeps getting better which each update. Great Job FDS!

Allow me to show you my absolutely FLAWLESS -123 FPM landing!

@Tom_Grollman and @Grizpac were very jealous and mad that I didn’t crash, accusing me of using the A/P

Bus Rocco, how about yesterday during that training session - where i was waiting to Takeoff you you came in bouncing along the runway…you know the main landing gear touchdown first…not the front one first!

Thanks for keeping me updated.

TBM just looks like a big smiley face :)

I nearly missed my flight to Geneva this morning, woke up and the update was in App Store, had to try the TBM straight away!

Wait… I can’t hear the supposed city sounds… plus all the terrain is blue lol

Please don’t tell I’m hallucinating but do I see engine exhaust now? It’s that blurry stuff I see behind jet engines. I’ve seen it three times now on other aircraft.

Yes, it definitely is. The way Levet described it is probably the best way to describe the aircraft. It is a dream to fly. It will definitely get a lot of flight time with me. All I need now is more time.

Does anyone have an idea what are these numbers converted into mach speeds?

Use an online website that allows you to convert your IAS to TAS.

Good time to give the app TBM Performance a shout-out. Pretty amazing little app. :)

Longest flight a TBM can do

Played around with the TBM, my favourite part was the texturing and the attention to detail FDS have put into it. Seeing the sun’s reflection off the wing blew me away even tho it might not have been the highlight of the aircraft

p.s. this is not really a complaint as it does not bother 99% of the people playing IF, however I was wondering if in the next update the stutter when using free-cam in replay mode could be minimised as the stutter didn’t exist prior to the 18.3 update.

KTAS is True Air speed in knots… KIAS is Indicated air speed in knots… So @Finnaviation Just needs TAS to Mach. Also you need a few other variables to calculate the mach speed. It also tends to vary by pressure altitude. http://www.hochwarth.com/misc/AviationCalculator.html That site is great for calculating air speeds. Hope this helps
-Michigan Red
Also, 252 KTAS at FL310 would be around 0.43 Mach.
330 KTAS at FL310 would be around 0.56 Mach.

Haha, I most certainly agree.

No there is about a fifth of a digital artificial horizon + a bit of MFD.

I love how inactive this forum goes when an update gets released 😂❤️

Lol yeah everyone is flying the new plane that’s why 😆

So the update description mentions scenery sounds. I tried flying low over Los Angeles, but I didn’t hear anything out-of-the-ordinary. I then turned the engine off over Los Angeles to see if I could hear anything without the engine running, but still nothing.
So how do you hear the sounds? Do you need to be parked on the ground with the engine off to hear anything? Is it restricted to only Live mode? Etc.
But then again, when I tried it out, my volume was turned very low. If the scenery sounds were faint, I probably wouldn’t have heard them.

[Edit: Got it, thanks for your help!]

You have to be on the ground without the engine on.