Infinite Flight 18.5 & 18.5.1

Anybody else having problems with the TMB-930? My aircraft won’t take off & I always take off around 120kts in every aircraft I fly but the TMB-930 always banks to the left or right & stalls.

2 Likes

What’s your aircraft weight?

1 Like

What is your weight? Did you calibrate? Are there crosswinds?

2 Likes

Alright so the TBM is a really fragile plane taking off. Around 90-100 knots you want to rotate with trim +10 and flaps takeoff. This will allow a smooth takeoff and then you cant have a high V/S like in airlines because the TBM doesnt get that much thrust. Also make sure it’s not in the red or above MTW

3 Likes

120kts is actually really quick to take off in the TBM. You should be rotating around 90kts, maintaining a shallow climb out with no manoeuvre until 120kts, then you hold 120kts on initial climb out to 3000ft before accelerating out. I’ve been climbing st around 1200-1500ft and having no issues.

Landing the bugger is a little more difficult than taking off, so if you haven’t tried that already here are some details.

Approach Speed - 100-110kts (weight dependent)
Cut throttle at around 20ft AGL, you should touch the runway at approx 90kts for a smooth landing.

8 Likes

If your aircraft is going left or right, it’s the winds most likely. Even if I have 0knot winds, I still have a thumb on the rudder pedals just to make micro corrections throughout the critical stages of flight.
A way I do this and not spiral (rudder is powerful and touchy), is that I turn down both rudder dead zone, and rudder sensitivity. That means a slight movement on the rudder will be a realistic movement.

1 Like

I have always the reflex to tap calibrate multiple times before the take off run and once before rotating to make sure I am going straight at the take off. It allows me to avoid climbing too much or just going bad.

And I personally always set my rotate speed over the ‘needed’ one. To be sure to take off and not going to stall immediately after getting off the ground :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.