India May Purchase 6 Airbus A330 for AWACS

And

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/india-to-make-6-more-awacs-on-airbus-platform/articleshow/57111540.cms
What are your opinions?

5 Likes

the A330 is a large airframe to use for AWACS, especially as the Indians already have a smaller set up designed to fit a an Eb145. US and UK use KC-135 and P8 derived airframe’s which are more in size with a a B739 / B738! Having Larger airframes will mean higher running costs. though guess those guys have done the maths already!

3 Likes

Are they doing “Make in India” or “Bought by India”? ;-)

1 Like

This is kinda troubling to me. India crys financial trouble at Air India and needs to Sell / leaseback airframes for cash however the defense sector makes an expensive purchase. Puzzling to me…

6 Likes

I know, they say that they are cash strapped but go and buy new defence and military aircraft and I’m pretty sure they just say that so they can get away from developing the country but instead increasing its power.

1 Like

India haas pots of money it has enormous defense system but these ruling parites and ministers burp them all. Sadly and yeah it keeps development on other sectors but believe me there is a lots and lots of money since population is so big but corruption is also at top high virtue.

1 Like

Some companies do make in India. But buy world class things from others

1 Like

I feel it’s the corruption, any country that is a LEDC should think about being more developed rather then buying the types or things that Developed countries are buying. I don’t know if you agree?

1 Like

I do agree indeed. There’s actually two sides of India - one, there is a rich and developed areas and having pots of money. And theres then second phade which is very poor… Very much. Its not balanced half population is very very rich and them theres other very poor. If its balanced India will be one of the biggest developed countries. Aside fro the topic here i may get scolded by someone 😬😬😅

3 Likes

Wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, some of your points are tight, but the rest are not.

India has a Low/Middle/High Class.

Do your research, buddy.

3 Likes

But poverty is very high compared to other countries, don’t argue with the facts. However, there are high and middle classes, don’t get me wrong

1 Like

When did I say poverty isn’t high?

2 Likes

You might of not said it, but implied it, please continue in PM as we are getting off topic :)

1 Like

P-8s are maritime patrol aircraft but there is a P-3 AWACS though.

1 Like

They where given as examples of AWACS types or similar role, based on smaller airframe. Didn’t know the P3 was AWACS though always thought that was a pure Maritime aircraft ?..but a slight topic drift there.

They will be good for India. The RAF and RAAF A330s have helped the military a lot.

Who uses the Lockheed Electra airframe for AWACS?

1 Like

Department of homeland security uses it to find drug couriers since there were no customers.

Ahh, sell 2 new, modern, sleek Boeing 787’s, so you have enough to purchase 6 older and smaller, yet efficient Airbus 330’s…

1 Like

Ahhh yes i forgot about those birds!

1 Like