Incredibly odd plane (Swearingen Metro)

Please, this is not a features request

I was reading a magazine as I saw a picture of this really odd plane. It is called the Swearingen Metro. A two engine prop that can hold up to 22 people but is usually used for 15-19 people. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Swearingen_Metroliner
For more info

Notice the way the plane looks so long, that it looks like a long tube.

Anyways, has anyone seen or flown on it? And the registration is awesome;)

10 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen these landing at DUB, CWL and BRS before now. This was the type of aircraft that was involved in that fatal crash at Cork airport a few years back. I think there’s an Air Crash Investigation on it actually.

Love that registration D-COLD

3 Likes

MaxSez: The Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner is a 19-seat, pressurised, twin-turboprop airliner first produced by Swearingen Aircraft and later by Fairchild at a plant in San Antonio, Texas, United States. (Wiki))

(Great Catch @Pilotmaster2129)

2 Likes

Rex Regional Express, an Aussie regional airline operates this

2 Likes

Not really that weird looking.

It’s just like a SAAB plane

Long nose coupled with a unique tail design, it does look a bit odd. Multi props with a low wing always look good to me though.

2 Likes

Interesting looking plane, also very unforgiving to fly, or so I heard.

No longer operate these mate, I think some of their subsidiaries still do on a charter basis however

1 Like

Love this!

1 Like

Not any more.

1 Like

We see a few Metro freighters at CLE from time to time.

Seen them everyday

1 Like

That’s gotta be the weirdest tail I’ve ever seen…

But also one of the best registrations I’ve ever seen. ;)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.