In the few months that have elapsed, we’ve seen the glory of the Expert Server dwindling due to some bad apples, be it grade 3, 4 or even 5s.
Keeping away from the debate about grades, my proposal is that the report button could be activated for verified users.
Who would a verified user be?
Anyone who qualifies to report uncooperative users on the Expert Server.
Requirements of a verified user?
- More or less the same as IFATC
- Community membership at TL1(considering moving it to TL2)
- Grade 3+
- Must have passed a written exam with at least 80%
- At least 1 year from last ghosting
- 14 years old and above(To match with IFATC)
- No more than 50% landings to violations ratio.
What about interested IFATC users?
IFATC personnel would be able to get such abilities under these conditions:
- Current IFATC members would automatically get access to the report button while flying.
- Former IFATC would be required to fulfil the requirements for the non-IFATC requirements.
But Kiz, some members would likely abuse their privileges. Yes and that’s where the moderation team would come in.
Users making reports would have to have them verified and assessed similar to today’s standards but with a catch.(The penalties below are subject to change)
2 false reports = Verbal warning from moderators, temporary deactivation of feature for 30 days.
5 false reports = Permanent deactivation and do-over of the Test after a period of 90 days.
However, for intentionally wrong reports that would border on trolling, the user would have the feature permanently deactivated
But a user can just change their live account,
Yes, think of it this way, your IFC account would be the ultimate link. All the false reports would be recorded under your IFC username to prevent users from forming new live accounts to circumvent the suspensions.
This group would be structured in a similar way to IFATC(or even be it’s constituent organization)with a team of moderators(Live Moderators or IFATC moderators) watching over this group.
Anyway, guys, what do you think about this idea? Is it ‘too much’, ‘a bit inadequate’ or ‘brilliant’?