Incorrect ILS & GPS Approaches Available

It has come to my attention that some airports in IF have an ILS Approach for a certain runway when it should be a GPS Approach and vice versa. For example: Runway 27 at KSAN has an ILS Approach when it should have a LOC Approach, as an ILS Approach doesn’t exist for this runway. Runway 34/16 should have an ILS Approach available at both ends (They even have a CAT III IRL), but instead it as a GPS Approach at both ends. Since they exist in the game, there are bound to be more just like them.

This topic has already been discussed before (so I encourage you to go and read it), but this was almost 2 years ago:

Since these issues still exist in IF, I was wondering if there has been any discussion of correcting these incorrect approaches in the future.

1 Like

You can help by joining the airport editing team I linked above and help make these corrections.

1 Like

Thanks! I wasn’t aware that you could change Approaches as an Airport Editor.

5 Likes

You’ll have to also speak to a supervisor about navigation editing, which is a separate thing. The navigation editors do these sorts of things, however you have to join IFAET first.

2 Likes

ILS approaches that aren’t in the game can indeed be fixed by airport editors, however IF doesn’t currently support LOC approaches so the only options are a generic GPS or an ILS at the moment.

1 Like

Just because I’m curious: Is it even possible to include none of them? I mean for airports which do not have straight-ins IRL. Had a situation recently at LSGS where I was inbound visual and had to fly around a mountain that was blocking the approach path. I coincidentally was perfectly on the GPS-glide, yet I received a warning from ATC to check my assigned RWY. Not a big deal, but at some airports it simply isn’t possible to do a straight-in.

1 Like

No, a GPS Approach will always be generated automatically by IF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.