Incidents Yesterday

You may have heard of the wild weather on the ground and in the air and the bird strike yesterday. Here are just a few of the incidents that happened:
British Airways and Icelandair aircraft were struck by lightning over Heathrow

A TAME airlines Embraer 190 skidded off the runway in Ecuador, just about to slip on to a busy road

And an American Airlines A321 had a bird strike on takeoff and made an emergency landing in Seattle

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yeah, I added it but deleted it because I wasn’t too sure

1 Like

Wow. Not a good day for aviation.

4 Likes

4 incidents and over 7000 flights in the air at any given time over the course of the day, pretty good I’d say.

4 Likes

I thought these were pretty bad

Stuff happens, car accidents happen much more frequently and I don’t see people worrying. Aviation is an industry where the pictures look really dramatic whenever something goes wrong, so there is more of a magnifying glass over everything. It’s not that bad if you put things into perspective.

3 Likes

Keep in mind lightning is not an incident its very standard.

4 Likes

for that bird strike, i thought the skin especially the nose can take up bird strike. it should be stronger than that

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

And 2 emergencies at KPHL within 15 minutes of each other

1 Like

Yikes poor A321 :(

2 Likes

Poor Ecuador. That aircraft was probably bringing supplies.

1 Like

It’s more common than thought, it’s a non-event. All aircraft are built with that eventuality in mind, their structure allows for the electricity to pass through and be discharged. The passengers might be a little alarmed.

2 Likes

It’s still an incident because it happened

It had 93 passengers on board

Also the supplies for the earthquake

1 Like

Oh, of course. I forgot about that.

1 Like

and why are you telling me this?

so a light breaking on a plane? incident lol find out the real meaning of incident by IATA or FAA or CAA

1 Like