Inbound on the Visual at VNLK

First of all happ ATC day to the IFATC, Etc and all th people who are on their journey to be an IFATC or ATC.

Hereby an approach video to VNLK! With a nice few of the mountains at Nepal

Thanks for the approach for guiding me safely eventhough I crashed at the end HAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes

Hey there! Nice video.

Just a few things:

1 - You should have called “Inbound on the Visual”
2 - The reason you crashed is due to your heavy reliance on A/P. You should have disconnected your altitude control much earlier, and
3 - Be sure to configure yourself in advance. You had no flaps and were at a speed much too fast on a short final.

Other than that, nice video!

4 Likes

Remember this: you can always go around. There is no shame in it, it is actually very professional because you are using your good judgement and putting the safety of you and your aircraft first.

1 Like

Hard to do at VNLK though

1 Like

You can always go around if you can get enough speed and lift to avoid the large cliff walls around 3 sides.

3 Likes

True, but in this case scenario, I disagree. He could’ve done it at basically any point during landing because his speed was so high, even if he already had touched down he could’ve pulled up at turned quickly enough.

2 Likes

I know this is not the correct defence… However, the purpose of me flying there was mostly just to make a small video… I indeed realised way too late about my speed etc… I was more looking at if I had a good view etc. I could’ve cropped that part off from the video… But I thought it would also be funny to see that 😂😂… When I see my “landing” I always LMAO

1 Like

True I see him at like 100+ knots and he could have easily gone around a lot earlier

2 Likes