Inaugural | Regina - Minneapolis

Recipe for Chicken Soup

Departure Airport: Regina International Airport (YQR/CYQR)
Arrival Airport: Minneapolis/Saint Paul International Airport (MSP/KMSP)
Airline: WestJet Encore
Aircraft: Bombardier Dash 8 - Q400
Flight Time: 1 hour, 48 minutes

Today, April 28th, WestJet’s regional subsidiary, WestJet Encore inaugurated a new service from Regina, in Canada’s Saskatchewan province to Minneapolis. This marks Encore’s first Minneapolis service (WestJet mainline has a variety of routes from the Land of 10,000 Lakes) as well as MSP’s only Q400 route.

I decided to recreate today’s inaugural in real time with Infinite Flight. Enjoy!

Pushback and engine startup off Gate 2

After a quick taxi to Runway 13, we rocketed out over the farmlands of Saskatchewan

Banking southeast over the outskirts of Regina

The farms are looking very… farmy today

Things above Devil’s Lake, North Dakota seem peaceful enough, but the weather in Minneapolis was deteriorating as the airport was being slammed with rain and heavy winds

Hector International Airport, in Fargo (@Harrison_S summon)

We entered some moderate turbulence on the edge of the system as we began our descent near Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Visibility worsening as the winds increase nearing MSP

Very unstable looking approach

Touchdown! Welcome to Minneapolis! It was a rough landing, but a landing nonetheless

This was definitely a fun flight, and I’m glad to be able to log it with @WestJetVirtual !

Which Picture Was Your Favorite?

0 voters
11 Likes

Good photos, now we need a dash 8 rework.

3 Likes

Thank you! I agree. I really wish it had a live cockpit, and being able to use APPR would be really nice, especially in low visibility situations like I encountered. On final, I think the visibility was about 2 KM, which is definitely a challenge.

1 Like

Aaaand I have been summoned😂. Great shots, I’ll be trying WestJet out this summer to Vancouver.

1 Like

Very cool! Where are you connecting via, if I may inquire?

Driving up to Winnipeg and flying out of there. Weirdly it was $20 cheaper to fly premium than economy on the way there.

I just did i flight with this aircraft, and I agree.
BTW we need to fix the PAX issue on the aircraft

Great shots anything on the Dash 8 is amazing!!