Inappropriate Behavior on the Expert Server

Today, I want to bring attention to some inappropriate behavior today seen on the expert server! I was spotting in the expert server today and saw multiple aircraft go through one another in the Expert Server, the EXPERT SERVER! This is a message to all those out there who are inappropriately behaving on the expert server. A set of eyes can be watching you at anytime! I caught multiple people and will be taking it to VA’s and reporting some. I am tired of this behavior! Please, let’s make this server a professional environment!

Let’s make the skies safe again,

Logan Hainisch

66 Likes

You have said some valid points there.

2 Likes

I appreciate it! It’s a matter of professionalism!

1 Like

In New Zealand everyone took the same route today. I was in a fighter jet at 49,000 feet at Mach 2.22 well away from aircraft, but from that view I could see everyone below at 30-32k feet “crashing” into each other. It seems the pilots don’t care about flying similar routes from both directions and aren’t bothered to move since the aircraft won’t crash by going through another. Other than reporting maybe IF should make aircraft connections crash the plane so people stop!

7 Likes

I agree! Especially on the AV-Dan streaming many aircraft are way too close.

3 Likes

I agree too. One time I was flying on community event with Aviator Dan and I see alot of aircraft either speeding on the ground or just disrupting the approach seqences at our arrival airport.

5 Likes

I also agree. We should simulate the real world as much as possible. Follow the rules of flying, obey ground commands and keep aviation safe.

4 Likes

Great statement!

I did a flash flight one time and the controller was flying planes into one another it was dumb. Absolute abuse of power

I think that to avoid this problem it is better to be able to activate the “report” button for all players and thus have the freedom to report when a player has inappropriate behavior on the Expert server. I think that the developers of IF have not taken more rigorous measures in this since they make the game and the server as more community and inclusive as possible, suitable for all pilots and players both as Professionals and / or new to this subject of aviation and flight simulators.

I think it would be nice to be able to report others as pilots but sadly, some people would abuse this feature and a bunch of people would get reported for no reason. I believe that if it was implemented, it would cause more harm than good.

13 Likes

Maybe this “proposed future system” would be applicable if the replay was sent to a ticketing system. It would be more stable for the user on the other side handling the tickets and if falsely ticketed, action would be against the individual who submitted their statement.

Kinda like discord systems :)

1 Like

You are right, therein lies the negative point of this feature. Another idea I have in mind would be to apply a restriction of say, 1 day ban from the Expert Server in case they are players who do things with bad intentions and not by accident.

1 Like

This! It’s been annoying (and disappointing me for a while now. Not too long ago I created the following topic for the same reason:

1 Like

I see stuff like this every day, every session no matter where I am… SFO is a brutal mess with pilots not knowing the procedures, pilots not keeping a safe distance, improper usage of the unicom, unrealistic departure speeds and way more stuff… This server was a lot more professional like 2 years ago… Not sure what happened in the past 2 years but it’s getting quite rediculous

5 Likes

Unfortunately this situation are happening often on the expert server. if you see a situation like that for example a plane is taxiing through another plane, you can ask an Moderator or an IFATC Supervisor for help and they join and take a look at the situation.

2 Likes

I keep having problems with people cutting in front of me on the runway after i have announced that i am taking off. An a220 pulled out in front of me. It was unicom but i dont think that should matter given that it is an expert server!

1 Like

You are right to be annoyed and frustrated. Unfortunately this is still just a mobile device game. So because of that this behavior will always exist. Even the log on screen warning is meaningless. There are mistakes that can happen but running through other planes and buildings, entering the active and up the ass of a plane that has just lined up with takeoff clearance is beyond comprehension, but it continues. I echo your feelings ! So to those out there playing IF "STAY OFF EXPERT SERVER IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO HAVE THE CONTROL OF YOUR AIRCRAFT , DO NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE AND ATTITUDE OF A REAL PILOT. STUDY AIRPORT DIAGRAMS FOR IFR HOLD LINES AND HOT SPOTS. STUDY SID AND STAR RESTRICTIONS ETC. ETC. " If you can’t focus go on Training server until you can. RESPECT those who do try to fly realistically. Thank you .

7 Likes

What happened is people who really belong on Casual or Training see that the “Action” is happening on Expert so they go where the game is at its best. More ATC, more aircraft etc.

Remember there are many IF users that its just a cool and fun game to them, they don’t study real world piloting skills and don’t even know how to begin. Tyler please make more ground ops vids !
Teach people to consult airport diagrams and understand them. Also NOTAMS, Proceedure flight restrictions and more. Watch Youtube ground ops AC rarely taxi at 25 to 30 knots. When they line up or follow they maintain at least a full AC separation. Maybe we need hot jet blast in IF lol

3 Likes

Yah true, but idk if doing that would make it better, ppl would deliberately crash into each other, yk some ppl

3 Likes