Inability to hear ATC communication

I can’t factory reset.(IT’LL TAKE SO MUCH TIME.)
Bluetooth off airplane mode off
And no don’t have any sound issues with other apps

1 Like

My previous phone was Huawei P10 Lite, Android 8, 4GB Ram.

Have you done a hard reset of your device?

You could also compare your phone settings with a user which has same/similar device just to double check.

1 Like

When exactly did the problem with the ATC audio first occur? Do I understand correctly this started after you upgrade to the IF Global release, and you have never had ATC voice on both the P10 and the P-Smart?

It was after the global update. There was an update around September - December. I never had any audio after that.

It maybe your TTS engine? You may need to hop into settings and download the voices in order to get it to work.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Make sure, silent mode is off. :)

2 Likes

Yes, that’ll be good 😂

I learned that the hard way 😂

2 Likes

It should look like this. Choose Google. I find that that one is the best.

2 Likes

Then press settings (the cog wheel thingy) and press download voices.

2 Likes

It’s already downloaded :)

I can assure you it’s off :)

settings

I can hear a sample of the voice. But not in IF.

Can’t see that you have mentioned unicom. Can you hear unicom?

1 Like

I don’t hear any comms.

1 Like

If I understand correct this happens on two separate devices with different OS/firmware. Huawei P10 Lite, Android 8 and Huawei P Smart with Android 9

Strange…

Do you still have your P10?

1 Like

Correct. I do still have my P10.

Have you ever heard ATC communication for a while? . And, then in your flight session the next one disappears like this?

As long as I flew with my device which was only 4 months old, it was not heard at all untill now, but occasionally the sound appeared and disappeared in contact with the next ATC.

1 Like

I can only ATC comms when I update. My first flight (after updating) is the only one where I can hear ATC.

1 Like