In With The New Out With The Old, Volume 2

G’day all, as some of you if not most of you know that I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 8.4.1 that has pre global on it. This is volume 2 of the series back sure to check out volume 1 if you haven’t seen it and this time I had the community vote for what aircraft and the winner was the Boeing 737-700. This time we traveled to the Oshkosh region as at the time the air show was just days away from starting.

All images are taken in solo mode and are from various different times. There wasn’t any flight plan filled.

Here we are parked at the gate with the Southwest heart livery.

One thing I noticed that I wish we still had was the lights reflected off of the ground, I had never noticed in all my years of playing.

I found that the cockpit of the 737 looked less pixelated on the glass displays and just overall not as dated.

In this shot we are departing out of Oshkosh, in global we have got the 737 wing flex which was added in 2018 which you can learn more about below.

Here we are Greasing not Buttering the landing in the West Jet livery.

We now move on to the scenery, as always the pictures are mine.

So here’s an overview of both airports. One thing you can tell is that noon in pre global is like dawn or dusk because of how dark it is.

So here we get an overview of what the terrain is like but because Oshkosh is a flat region there’s not much to see besides the water.

And to close volume 2 off this stunning shot of the beautiful water of pre global with a beautiful sunset.

My question to you is… tell me, what do you prefer? Do you rather global or pre global? Tell us below.

Well that’s it, I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane as much as I did. Feel free to give your thoughts below on what you think.

Please note that I found a new setting that enables me to have higher quality graphics but didn’t really make a difference. Also the images are edited together and are not individual images.

Below I have added links to my other threads and some links from mentions above.

Infinite Flight Version 18.6
In With The New Out With The Old, Volume 1
The Full Cubcrafters XCub Review
The Full Boeing 777 Review
The Full Airbus A320 Family Review

Please don’t use pictures without my permission.

21 Likes

Very nice once again!

I gotta admin, imho I feel that the scenery in that picture looked better pre-global as it looks more detailed.

Looking forward to Volume 3!

3 Likes

Thanks mate, I have already started working on it so my estimate is within the next month.

1 Like

That’s great to hear mate, good luck.

1 Like

Really nice! I like comparing pictures 😉

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Great photos! Even though the pre-global scenery is technically less realistic, I still think it overall appears much nicer than the satellite imagery. Imagine what the pre-global photos would look like with the current aircraft and atmosphere renderings!
Hopefully, IF will bring back the reflective and textured water someday…?

1 Like

I hope they do bring them back soonish.

1 Like

Awesome pics buddy 👍🏽👍🏽

1 Like

Thanks mate.

1 Like

I liked pre-global, but global is better. Great photos!
But I would make an edit: Butter

1 Like

I prefer greasing as it just greases off the tongue better and just makes it seem more professional especially if you look at the Pre Global graphics they look smooth and very shiny.

3 Likes

Excellent comparison! Thanks for sharing!

I prefer Global for all the scenery + regions, but that sunset reflection on the water…

1 Like

Ahhh my favorite part of this whole topic.
Thanks for mentioning.

Anyways it’s crazy how far Infinite Flight has come in the last few years. We’ve grown as a community so much!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Below are the full pictures from pre global just for your enjoyment.

Remember if you need one just PM me.

2 Likes

Guys, let’s start a #bringbackpreglobalscenery campaign

2 Likes

We need that water back.

2 Likes

Is it just me or was the scenery bettter pre global?

3 Likes

Yeah the water back then was animated but not anymore.

1 Like

I wish I could of seen that for real

1 Like