In which camera do you land on?

I wanna know how do you land, in which view do you usually land any plane.
I know how to land pretty good in the HUD camera but should I learn how to land in the cockpit camera with the HUD on?

12 Likes

I used to do lock but i practiced cockpit view and now i butter in it

3 Likes

Usually HUD but sometimes i use the cockpit.

3 Likes

Hello,
It depends what your comfortable with. At the end of the day you want to do a realistic good landing. however if you want to try with different camera angles then you just have to practice. Practice with the cockpit view and see how comfortable you get!
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Right seat pilot view, sometimes first officer
and rarely with those views with the HUD superimposed

2 Likes

I use the HUD, because I find it easier to fly with

3 Likes

I personally use cockpit view…since it has Callouts (in most planes)

4 Likes

I use the HUD view but in planes with live cockpits I have been trying to learn how to land using the live cockpit. It can be difficult though, especially since we don’t have a flight director yet

2 Likes

I land in the flight deck view. I think it’s definitely worth learning how to do if you can do it and are willing to practice.

1 Like

Cockpit, zero HUD, ever since I started playing IF

3 Likes

HUD 100% but i should start practicing cockpit

2 Likes

I do the HUD since I suck at landing with just the cockpit. I need to practice.

1 Like

I use wing view. I butter every time

5 Likes

As much as i would like to land with cockpit view i always find myself landing with hud. Maybe if i had a tablet rather than a phone i would start practicing

2 Likes

I use the HUD because on most aircraft there is no speed or alt in the cockpit view

Captain Seat, Cockpit view with no HUD with the newer functioning glass cockpits.

I still use the HUD in cockpit view on the older aircraft types as there are no functioning instruments.

1 Like

Free Cam

Easy to land, Always butter with it

2 Likes

I switch between the hud and the cockpit view

1 Like

I always do cockpit view. I do half captain and half co-pilot.

Cockpit view usually, HUD if the weather is bad.

I’ve found myself landing with the normal exterior view recently a few times too.