In Photos: Grounded Planes & Ghost Airports All Over The World

Hey guys! I decided to compile some photos from across the globe of the current crisis.
You can find some below, but there are more in the video above.

image image

12 Likes

I find this upsetting to be honest.

We have a whole world out there, and we are restricted to our homes, with all these astounding creations by ourselves, that we can’t even have access to. The world is shutting down, and there will be a permanent change in history to economies across the world, one being in the aviation industry.

12 Likes

This is so sad. All of these incredible planes grounded. These incredible birds love to fly and they aren’t which is the the main purpose that they exist.

2 Likes

KPIT definitely has the best picture up there… 😏

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately we just have to ride this out.

2 Likes

It’s sad seeing these aircraft grounded. The major airlines will be fine after this, it’s many of the smaller ones are going to be most effected. We’ve kinda seen this process of smaller airlines going under or struggling lately, and this will just accelerate the process or be the final nail in the coffin.

2 Likes

On the bright side, ticket prices will go down

1 Like

Ravn Alaska’s

2 Likes

Not necessarily, as the airlines are not able to keep up with the funding cost of their aircraft and staff, and will alter the price to an all time high.

2 Likes

great pictures, truly sad though…

2 Likes

Lol, as a private pilot instrument flight student, I am still flying because we live on a airport and the runway is ours backyard! 😂

3 Likes

Just an FYI, make sure photo credit is given.

2 Likes

Ahh, I always forget to do this.

Sources:

Simply Aviation:

@Aeromanu on instagram

1 Like

My parents have a friend whose a pilot for southwest. He flew DEN-MDW-DEN. He had 8 total passengers for those 2 flights

2 Likes

Great photos, We will get through this and those planes will be in the skies before we know it!

2 Likes

That’s correct. Prices will probably be astronomical once this is done and finished. However, no one is going to be able to afford to fly.

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll figure things out once the time comes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.