In need of a challenging flight!

Hey,

I’ve been playing IF since 2012 and I’m getting to a point where I don’t feel Challenged while flying, I just feel bored to be honest.
I sometimes try to fly extreme long flights with small planes to make the Flight a bit more Interesting by maxing out the range and try to take off with more than MTOW from short runways.
I also like challenging approaches with some bad weather. but since I’ve been playing online I had a hard time finding bad weather spots with active location weather data.
If you guys have any suggestions about a difficult route or Airport with a specific plane feel free to share your idea!

1 Like

The weather is currently broken and people are reporting heavy crosswinds so you have that 🤷

2 Likes

Hmmm… Want something challenging? I’m currently doing a flight with @Edivan_dcds as we speak. Takeoff was supper hard with a 20kts crosswind. We are using a Wideroe Dash 8 Q400 from ENBS to ENSS on training server.

Hurry up and you’ll still be able to join us!

Don’t worry, it’s a short 25m flight. You can copy my FPL, my callsign in Wideroe 179.

1 Like

MHTG has a challenging approach and takeoff, fun route, ATL MHTG

2 Likes

I am the one that spawned into you guys. Are you done or another route?

1 Like

Well, stay there. I’m 15nm away. I hope I make the landing with the 20kts crosswinds. I see you there :)

I’ll watch you butter the bread. Good luck

1 Like

LOWS-LOWI in a Dash-8 Q-400. The approach into LOWI is very challenging and the Dash-8 Q-400 is hard to fly. If you want an even bigger challenge, try it with a the 747!

Thank you (although I probably won’t) Xd

So what now?

1 Like

Quit I guess?

No more flying? Even though I missed out

I was on approach at JFK and I had 67 knot crosswinds

Do an approach at VQPR. Known as the world’s most dangerous and challenging approach

2 Likes

Go to Lukla with a commercial plane, I guess…

Get in the Decathlon and practice with that, that’ll be fun.

2 Likes

Better don‘t, the runway and the gates are too small. Since the biggest gate is size C, the biggest aircraft that can land at LOWI is an A321.
But you‘re right, the approach is very interesting!

Even more interesting is the approach into LPMA (in my opinion). Give it a try! You‘ll find some information here:

Try fun approaches like the River Visual at KDCA, the Expressway Visual at KLGA, Canarsie approach at KJFK, and other approaches like that without mountains first. After that I would recommend Lukla (VNLK), runway 15 at Paro (VQPR), and runway 02 at Tegucigalpa (MHTG).

1 Like

Try going to solo with any plane and turn all the weather options to max. Then attempt a full flight (probably short haul). Take off and land manually.

Try smoothly taking off and landing a Cessna 172… I bet you think it’s easy, prove me wrong. Key word: SMOOTHLY

1 Like