In-Flight Operations: Public Beta (iOS)

Just landed with -26 FPM 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Consider “saying” the out,off,on,in Times.
That is a common cockpit conversation.

I just realized this- could there be a distance flown (in nautical miles) statistic listed on the report? It’s slightly inconvenient for me to travel back to fpltoif.com each time to see my plan’s distance.

Hm, that’s not so nice. Think the call outs are the best option.
Some thing like “engines started” “in cruise” “at descend “ “touchdown” “reached gate”

Yes! Or just at the end of the flight saying something like, your flight has been recorded but please don’t scrap this app, its amazing

butter -28ft/min is so smooth

Thing is that would kinda conflict with the IF-A callouts - which voice would they be, etc.

My current idea is that you could pick iTunes songs/playlists for each phase of your flight - pre-flight, taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, landing, taxi, post-flight…seems like that could actually be kind of fun, no? It would be deactivated at the start, but it would at least justify the background audio flag.

I would not mind a welcome aboard when the seatbelt sign is turned on, then when at cruise it says we are at cruising altitude and after the engines turn off a thank you for flying with us.

So I just did a proof of concept, and it works!
Just need to make it pretty which will take a few days…but you’ll (optionally) be able to pick an album or playlist to play for each phase of your flight.

I have to say, it is kind of magical to have music suddenly start playing when you enter the runway. 😎

These are pretty much all part of the PA in-app in In-Flight Assistant! :)

You could have this song begin playing once you turn final 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would delete the app if that was ever associated with it.

I just choacked on my toast

Will there be an option to turn it off lol?

It will be off by default, in fact!

Hey I tried it out and it’s amazing my flight plan looked super detailed great job 🙂🙂

I will be installing this after my long haul flight from YSSY to KIAH. A lot of us at UVA have it. Keep up the great work @epaga

Do phone calls not interfere with the app anymore? I had someone call me and the flight completed and the app still ran.

Yeah, it was fixed a few builds ago.

Oh ok nice