Hey everyone! Surprise! Here is the public beta link for my upcoming app In-Flight Operations. 😜
In-Flight Operations is an app you’ll run in the background during your flight which will generate a flight report like this one I made for a flight from Miami to Key West:
You need to download the app TestFlight from the App Store and then you can tap that link and install the app.
- This is a beta. Expect bugs! In fact, find bugs if you can!
- Please use this thread to report bugs you find, don’t DM me, don’t email me.
- Please check my list of known issues (below) before reporting bugs.
- Please focus on bugs, not missing features - but if you think there is an important missing feature for v1.0, you can also let me know in this thread.
- For general discussion about the app, please use the feedback thread.
- Turn on “Infinite Flight Connect enabled” in your IF settings
- Start IF-O.
- Go into IF, enter a flight, turn off your engines and activate your seatbelt and “no smoking” lights. You should get a message that the flight has started.
- Do your flight.
- At your destination, turn off engines, seatbelt and “no smoking” lights. You should get a message that the report was created.
- Enter IF-O
- “Generate report”.
The icon has a white line up top. time and date in the app are black font on a dark background the waypoint altitudes are where you are 2.5nm away from the waypoint closing a flight report doesn’t go directly back to pre-flight departure runway wrong if aborting a takeoff landing V/S is too generous (too soft) Disconnects if you receive a call or an alarm goes off I recommend Do Not Disturb mode!
The cruise altitude may not be correct (will tweak the algorithm here)Fixed in build #13
“I landed on 04R(or L cannot remember) but it says that the arrival runway is 33L I taxied on 33L to my gate as I did not want to go all the way around. Taking off from seattle there is no 15R the three runways are all 16.”fixed in build #11
Layout issues when rotating the intro screen on an iPhonefixed in build #11
Repeatedly used way points are dropped in the report.Fixed in build #9
The departure and arrival runway may be off if there are many runways at the airport (will tweak the algorithm here)(fixed in build #7)
Issues I’m trying to understand (Keep an eye out for this if you have this problem too and give me as many details as possible if it happens to you)
The airport (departure or arrival) sometimes does not show up in the plan (e.g. KDFW-KPHL was missing KDFW)fixed in build #11
The starting fuel is sometimes messed upfixed in build #11
“did a ferry flight KJFK-KLGA, never got the chance to generate a report at the gate. The “finish log” never became available.” “Just landed it didn’t generate a report after four hours of flying =”fixed in build #11
The landing V/S may be 0 at times (when is this?)fixed in build #11
Still going to add for v1.0
- fuel remaining at each waypoint
Time in air(added in build #11)
Also export as plain text(added in build #6)
The date(added in build #6)
“Are you sure” dialog when tapping reset(added in build #6)