Get it here on iOS -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/in-flight-operations/id1448204117?mt=8
Android -> https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.epaga.ifoperations
Ever finish a flight in Infinite Flight, only to wish you could have a more objective way to review how you did - how your landing was, your fuel usage, your approach speed? Perhaps even an easier way to log this flight report with your Virtual Airline?
In-Flight Operations is a beautifully simple way to create ACARS-style flight reports of your Infinite Flight journeys - like this one I made for a flight from Miami to Key West:
It’s for pilots who want to take their piloting skills to the next level by keeping an eye on how they are flying their routes. It’s for VA pilots who want to post their PIREP validations in style. It’s for you! 😁
In-Flight Operations is my third Infinite Flight add-on, after In-Flight Assistant and In-Flight Instruments, and I’ve made it free for v1.0. Free! Crazy, I know - thank me with a rating / review in the Store, would you? 😜
Huge thanks to Laura and the Infinite Flight team for the API that makes this app possible!
- Turn on “Infinite Flight Connect enabled” in your IF settings
- Start IF-O.
- Go into IF, enter a flight, turn off your engines and activate your seatbelt and “no smoking” signs (or on aircraft without those, simply start the engines). You should get a message that the flight has started.
- Do your flight.
- At your destination, turn off engines, seatbelt and “no smoking” signs. You should get a message that the report was created.
- Enter IF-O
- “Generate report”.
This generated report makes it far simpler to get an overview of how you flew, and is easy to export and post to a VA you might be a part of.
Plans for the Future
- Looking into VA system integration (for systems such as phpVMS, vaBase, VAM…) to be able to automatically post a PIREP from within the app.
- More details in the flight report
@FBWFTW from virtualBlue approached me with the main idea and a concept document asking if I thought it was a good idea - I could immediately see the appeal and fun of having an app like this, so I began work on it last fall. Then we had a public beta with over 500 testers for a month. And now it’s finally released! 🎉
Virtual Airlines recommending In-Flight Operations
- Porter Virtual
- Non Stop Virtual
- Swiss International Virtual Airline
- Alaska Virtual
- Air India Virtual
- Qantas Virtual
If your VA officially recommends In-Flight Operations, let me know and I’ll add you to this list!