In-Flight Instruments (iOS): Live Instruments Add-on for Infinite Flight

This is very cool, and certainly seems useful. What if you were able to run it split-screen on the same device…

This would really be useful in a web app (which takes input via the wifi network) since using another device seems kind of useless for me atleast

Nice concept!

1 Like

love this idea! If the localiser glidescope could be incorprated then this would be great!

1 Like

Yeah or a PC program

1 Like

So if this would be availble on ios only, i could use my ipad to run this app and still fly on android separately correct?

2 Likes

Yes, that would work.

Also @epaga what if you could use the technology from this to add to IFA a mode where you can run IFA on one device, fly on another one after selecting the instance?

3 Likes

Yep - just don’t have API for that yet.

This is totally doable, thanks for the idea.

Sadly IF doesn’t offer the iOS split-screen mode. A side bar display works but is kind of obtrusive. Separate device will be the main way to use it.

But that would be using another device - in this case, your computer - wouldn’t it?

Oh, totally can imagine a full VOR including glideslope. Imagine doing IFR flights with low visibility in a Cessna. 🤤

Yep, that would be doable, I’d just need to think through how to do the UI so users don’t get confused.

8 Likes

Okay, seems pretty neat. It’ll be cool to see where this goes!

2 Likes

Computer on a web browser’s tab vs Mobile device?

5 Likes

Fantastic! You really are amazing :) Long-term, have you considered modeling some glass instruments? Not just the standard false horizon, but something like a super basic G1000 or G500

(Long-term, this would be tough)

3 Likes

Yeah. I have a phone, and a computer (well kind of) but I don’t have another mobile device, so it would be useful for lots of people in a similar situation

3 Likes

@epaga… MaxSez: I’d love a six pack of Steam Gage’s John for the light GA’s but attempting to coordinate Control utilizing 2 devices is not realistic & not something I’d invest in. Now if you could plug into the main program and
Superimpose a six pack into the cockpit dashboard, above the screen or as a sidebar you’d have a winner.
Don’t think this idea with a separate device is marketable or viable and would have only a niche consumer base. A Stand Alone which links with IF like Assistant for GA would be a winner. (Only an idiot child would use a six pack in a modern airliner) Warm Regards Mr. Wizard… Goodayf

6 Likes

Cough what about Android? Cough

2 Likes

If you could do a basic FMC similar to the one that Virtual Avionces do for FSX but simpler, it will be good for Flight planning, Fuel planning, INIT…etc.

4 Likes

I would like to have some computer screens too. Like on the newer aircraft.
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/pcupload/FDS-A320-FBPT-pana.swf
Image from flightdecksolutions.com
The screens right in front of the pilots with the speed altimeter and artifitial horizon

1 Like

I’d get it! (If it was free)

2 Likes

If you can have one for general aviation and one for airlines and have the airline one look like this I’d be sold because I could finally fly with no hud IMG_0063

8 Likes

I think that the best thing will be that you may be able to control your flight parameters without being on the same WiFi network or a local thing.

It’ll be a very interesting feature especially with global, for example you can be at school and control basic flight parameters of your iPad at home ;-)

I know this will require a lot of work etc etc…
What do you think @epaga ?

1 Like

Need another infusion for an Android version 😉 haha

7 Likes

WOW, just an amazing concept, imagine the realism you could achieve with this! I would 100% support this, a web version would be amazing!

3 Likes