In-Flight Assistant Public Beta (iOS) is now LIVE: in-flight audio tours, thanks to Bushtalk Radio!

Hey guys!! It’s been months since I’ve been able to do much for In-Flight Assistant - but recently I ran across something really cool called https://bushtalkradio.com which is a service that plays audio tours of thousands of points of interests as you fly over them in your flight sim.

Originally they were MSFS only, but I contacted them, they opened up their API and now I’m adding a new feature to In-Flight Assistant that will play audio tours as you fly through the world. It’s super easy, and super fun.

I’ll be running an open beta with this feature once I’m finished! Watch this space if you’re interested.

I’ve made a video to show it off, here it is:

P.S. (also planning on a couple of bug fixes to this upcoming version like adding v-speed autofill for the 777F)

July 5, 2021: Public beta is now open

Install TestFlight on your iOS device, then tap here to enter the public beta of In-Flight Assistant!

In order to use the Bushtalk feature, you will need a Bushtalk Radio account over at: https://www.bushtalkradio.com

NOTE: This is a public beta, so you can try out the audio tours for free. I have not yet decided on pricing for the audio tours feature.

Please let me know any and all feedback you guys have!

61 Likes

Looks really cool! Would make for some interesting GA Tour flying that’s for sure! Nice work 🙌

2 Likes

This is so cool!

1 Like

Yeah - for GA flying it is especially fun, for sure. But even for airliners it’s fun to hear stuff about mountains you are passing, famous river locations or whatever.

1 Like

Oh yea, this is super cool! Love it 😍

1 Like

Wowwwww

Thank you Very Much !!

I LOVE IT TOO🤩😍😍😍

1 Like

It would be nice to have it. But as I am on Android I think I have to be patient…

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, though!!

3 Likes

Public beta is now open

Install TestFlight on your iOS device, then tap here to enter the public beta of In-Flight Assistant!

In order to use the Bushtalk feature, you will need a Bushtalk Radio account over at: https://www.bushtalkradio.com

NOTE: This is a public beta, so you can try out the audio tours for free. I have not yet decided on pricing for the audio tours feature.

Please let me know any and all feedback you guys have!

1 Like

Using it now! Its so cool!!!

1 Like

Yay! Where are you flying? 😍

gonna downloads the IFAssistant app and try it out!

1 Like

San Diego just ran the pattern once :)

1 Like

Only for IOS?

Yes, for now - sorry, I’ll add that to the subject line.

1 Like

Is too bad it is nice feature to have. Don’t you want make some updates on the call-outs?

Sure, I would love to, in fact, but there are only so many hours in the day! This is a side project as is my other (bigger) project SmoothTrack. That plus my full-time dev job, plus a family with 4 kids, plus other responsibilities like a church plant I am helping to start and some freelancer work I have, and it gets pretty tough to find the time I wish I had. 😐

That said, I am planning on an Android update with a couple of bug fixes such as adding V-Speeds for the 777-F.

2 Likes

Wow, I guess you should talk to the timekeepers to provide a day of 48 hours so you can solve everything 😆😆😆😆.
Apologies I wouldn’t guess you are this busy. So far the app runs fine. I have purchased all the options. When you have time you will do it and also with this new feature😉.
[George] Bush talk Radio 📻 😅

1 Like

Burdened with glorious purpose. 😜

Question for beta testers - when there are tons of points of interest nearby, would it make sense to only offer them slowly? Currently it shows notifications each time you come across a point of interest…seems a bit “much”, especially in packed places like, say, London City.

Amazing Job Was using it yesterday Night when I was flying to GIbraltar but I wasn’t’ able to finish the flight but I did learn about some Places. Makes me feel like i’m in class in a positive way

1 Like