(Update: It’s out! See the release thread for more info.)
Hey everyone, now that IF Assistant 1.03 has reached a relatively stable place (a couple of upcoming bug fixes notwithstanding - follow the monster iOS thread for more info), I’ve decided it’s officially time to start looking into and developing an Android version. From the beginning, I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed with all of your requests for an Android version, but wanted to focus my energies on iOS first so I didn’t release something half-baked.
But now, thanks to the kind and generous support of @USA007 (who is donating $100 to get Android support going), I am going to begin implementing an Android version as well!
Here’s the FFAQ (future frequently asked questions):
- When? Say it with me: WHEN IT’S DONE. But at this point, think probably months, not weeks.
- What does this mean for the iOS version? I’ll be releasing another bug fix version, but other than that I’ll be focusing on the Android version for now. Once they are both equal, I’ll be working on both of them simultaneously.
- Will it be able to… Unless I run into something I don’t expect, I’m planning on making the Android version have identical features and sounds as the iOS version.
- Can I beta test? Not yet, no, since there’s nothing to test yet.
- Which Android OS versions will you support? 4.1 and up is the current plan.
– UPDATE (6/26): got the puzzle pieces together, check out the proof of concept!
– UPDATE (6/27): Now have all co-pilot callouts working!
– UPDATE (6/29): Need your feedback! See the poll here.
– UPDATE (6/30): Poll is closed and your feedback is to not release until all in-apps are finished! You guys are a patient bunch - nice! 🙂