In-Flight Assistant (iOS) v1.065: Take IF to the next level! (Latest features: shaky cam, new PA voice, and more!)

@epaga, since the update my RAAS voice is female. Is there any way to make it male? My co-pilot voice setting does not change the RAAS one. Thanks!

Is your IF voice female at all?

Just the ATC voice but the RAAS sounds like a different female voice I believe.

The same thing happens to me.

LOL

Anyone have an idea?

Well…it’s complicated.

Like I said earlier; the voice used by RAAS depends on the installed voices on the device.
IF-A is set to use a default voice for RAAS. Right, @epaga?

You can find all installed voices under Accessibility.
At least that’s is how I expect it should work.

Here comes the strange part:

I’ve got two iPads here. One is my wife’s.
On my iPad RAAS uses a female voice. On my wife’s iPad RAAS uses a male voice.

It looks like the voice RAAS is using on my wife’s iPad is Aaron en-US.
I can also select that voice in IF. However, I can’t find it in the device’s speech settings anywhere.

I can’t find the voice RAAS is using on my iPad. None of the voices under Accessibility and in IF match.
I can’t install Aaron either.

It also seems the installed voices are different for each iOS version.
Voice are added and deleted. It looks like voices can’t be added or deleted by users. You can install or delete them, but the list of voices itself can not be changed.

How it’s possible that the list of voices in IF is different from the list under Accessibility, I really can’t explain.
The fact that RAAS can even be using a voice that’s not on both lists is even stranger.

So it’s a real mystery.

If anyone else can shed some light on this, I’m all ears.

OK, so about that ^ I’m submitting a fix for the accent issue when your iPad is not set to English.

For which voice gets used, I am going to prioritize enhanced American English, otherwise enhanced English, otherwise normal American English, otherwise any English voice.

In other news, Apple is forcing me to provide a privacy policy. 🙄

So, without further ado, here is my official In-Flight Assistant Privacy Policy: http://www.inflightassistant.info/privacy.html

10/10 best privacy policy ever. Would read again 👌

Best. Privacy. Policy. Ever.

That’s excellent 👌

Thanks! To be fair, though, I stole from the already existing best privacy policy ever, just tweaked it a bit. ;) https://termsfeed.com/blog/privacy-policy-no-personal-data-collected/

I wish instead of needing to provide a policy, Apple would have a check mark I could tick that said “Stores no data”.

That is amazing. I love it

Perfect…

My raas isn’t working even i turned it on

Hmm that’s strange. The easiest way to test it would be to start in Solo Mode on the runway. It should call out “on runway ___”. Could you send me a screenshot of your RAAS settings? And I take it you’re saying the other modules (co-pilot, GPWS etc.) are working?

Yes correct they are working but raas is not

Just did solo still nòt working

What’s happened to the RAAS voice was a nice clear male voice now sounds like Stephen Hawkins no disrespect to Stephen Hawkins

When you look at the installed voices under Speech in Accessibility, are there US English enhanced voices available?
RAAS is supposed to use the first one, which is usually Allison. Try to install the enhanced version.

When there’s no enhanced voice available, RAAS will use the first standard voice, which is probably Alex.

Would it ever be possible to add Taxi sounds and Runway sounds…? Like for when your taxiing to hear all the bumps and screeches from the cabin in the cockpit. (That was honestly the best explanation) Do you sort of get what i mean?

I experience this issue too!