In-Flight Assistant (iOS) v1.065: Take IF to the next level! (Latest features: shaky cam, new PA voice, and more!)

I like it but don’t love it if you know what I mean i would buy it but maybe wouldn’t have it on all the time have you thought of maybe if possible having a Audible checklist for take off and landing I know there’s app you can get that do manual tick box checklist but a audible checklist would be rather cool

1.063 just hit the App Store! Update to get…

• CRJ flaps call outs
  • fix for disconnect issue (when headphones were unplugged or deactivated)

Just updated. Am glad the disconnect issue has been resolved. I think you should consider removing the "dum**a^* nonsense from your app. It doesn’t bring an professionalism to the cockpit. Remember a lot of minors use this app.

Hey there - ever since release, I’ve had a couple people write me about that (in fact a couple 1-star ratings, believe it or not). But I’ve had way more positive remarks and laughs about it than negative.

Note that that one callout is the only reason I gave the app a 9+ age rating instead of 0+ - I mean, it’s a very mild swear in my opinion, it’s a joke, and is a vintage Mark “Skyhawk Heavy” Denton line.

To not hear that callout - just use a different voice than Mark, or don’t overspeed. 😬

I didn’t even know it was in the app John. And it doesn’t bother me that it is, because Jan is my copilot. But if Mark or anyone else called someone dumbass on this site the flags would fly, and the post would disappear post haste.

Is it expected behavior for the Passenger Announcements to only work once? I.E. I enjoy flying regional flights between KPHL and KBTV, but have to exit the app and Infinite Flight if I want to have PA’s for every leg. Would be great if there was a “reset” button on the PA page I could tap while I was entering Nav data for the new leg!

Love the app all the same, thanks for everything!

Big turnoff for me. No professional pilot would expect to get away with it. If the guy next to me said that we would have words on the ground. I’m not a snowflake, seen combat and plenty of real life, but it’s not realistic at all

Yep, realism is suspended on that callout and it is more like your buddy Mark Denton is sitting next to you jokingly calling you that. If you don’t like that or think it’s funny, then again, simply don’t pick that voice.

In other news, I’ve started to work on a PDF guide to the In-Flight Assistant callouts just to clear up when certain callouts are supposed to come and when not. It’s still a work-in-progress - I’m only a third of the way through or something, but here you’ll find my latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf8wd53vzbd9i4k/In-Flight%20Assistant%20Callout%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

And now that I posted it here, I’m going to have to actually finish it. 😬

How about if I reset it when you turn your engines off? Would that work, too?

That’s very helpful and far more detailed then what it says on the app. That can be linked from the app now I guess. Great work!

I thinks that’s a very elegant solution! Bravo!

I don’t get a message when I turn my spoilers on ‘Armed’

Is that right?

That is correct, since the spoilers are not being extended at that point, only armed for landing. I’ll add that to the callout guide PDF when I get off work.

EDIT: OK, it’s updated, and I’ve also added the PA callout explanations…

Need your help & feedback: PIREPs with In-Flight Assistant ("ACARS")?

Fun announcement:

• The next update will include the “shaky cam” option for takeoffs and landings, included in the core settings at no extra charge!
  • The next update will also include a new PA voice, Sean! I paid a voice actor to do a recording for me, and it sounds just excellent. Can’t wait to release it to you guys. The new voice will be added to the PA add-on at no extra charge.

BTW, I joined the IFC two years ago today - it’s been an amazing two years with y’all! Here’s to the next twenty! 😅

I love your the work and quality you put into your apps, keep up the great work! :-D

Uhh… I demand you to make the new voice paid… please. Happy anniversary by the way!

Jk I would pay for it if you make it paid though.

Really excited for the shaky cam, this app overall adds so much immersion and a better IF experience

Epaga Congratulations to you! And thank you for releasing it at no cost. That you will receive double in the future.

Yes, can’t wait to play IF with the new update! The shaky cam would bring a lot of realism!

Sounds great… Is android getting some attention soon?