In-Flight Assistant (iOS): V-Speed Update 1.8 Is Out! Bring your Infinite Flight experience to a new level!

Cool. I’ve got one. I think on the Airbuses they’ve got a “Caution, obstacle” alarm. So say I was approaching some buildings on final approach, that alarm would go off. I know we don’t have 3-D buildings yet, but maybe it could be added for heavy populated areas where there are a lot of houses and buildings.

3 Likes

When can we expect to see a version for android users like myself?

4 Likes

Ok, Thanks😀 I must say great job - it helps me a lot ( ecpecially the “let’s watch our speed, Captain” ) 🤣

2 Likes

That was actually the original inspiration for the entire app. I was fed up with getting overspeed violations and thought I’d build an app to warn myself when I was getting too fast. 😜

21 Likes

This is not a problem with the mic or anything - I have this problem as well - it seems to be that it will only listen to the first number you say. I don’t know, I’m just thankful for what we have got!😎

2 Likes

Great things come from humble beginnings!

6 Likes

Great! Purchased. Could you make the IAPs a little cheaper, as they are pretty expensive (the same as the app).

4 Likes

Downloaded all 3. I’m excited! Exceed all my expectations! Works flawlessly. Absolute increase in the value of the game! The wait was worth it ! Successful work, respect,

Horny horny horny. !!!

4 Likes

So far the few ones reporting voice command issues all have a non-American accent (except for @Mark_Denton of course, because what could be more American than Mark? 😜).

So I will be trying to improve the recognition for these cases.

5 Likes

Just purchased both IAPs. For the commands, is it fine if I don’t have a mic? If I just use the standard iPad microphone?

1 Like

Please do not get into the price discussion, he has stuck with the price and is keeping it that way.

4 Likes

Nope, as stated both in the app and the FAQ you will need a headset for the recognition to work well. Infinite Flight itself is too loud and so even things like ATC or the voice callbacks will start getting recognized as commands.

6 Likes

Is there a way to disable the ‘Don’t sink’ callout?

1 Like

Just tap on it, then hit the switch to disable.

1 Like

The voice commands do work better with a external mic. However It still works with the built in mic.

1 Like

So if I wear standard headphone but use the mic is it okay?

I’m really happy this app does not require connection, and it is awesome work!

2 Likes

Which one do you tap? (If you were replying to me)

1 Like

Descent rate.

1 Like

@epaga On descent rate, what does steep approach bias mean?

Really glad I saved money for this. :D

1 Like

This is what I have been doing - I do not seem to have any problems (I am, though, investing in an external mic for iPad.)

3 Likes