In-Flight Assistant | App Problems

Hello I bought yesterday In-Flight Assistant on Android. In addition to RAAS.

I’m on Huawei P20 lite. I noticed that after a while (about 2min) the application doesn’t work when I lie for example the flaps.

Even if the app is open in the background.

The only way is to stay connected when to restart the app but some time later I have the same problem.

So if my phone is not powerful for this app I would like to get a refund or if someone has the solution, please tell me.

Thank you for your help.

@epaga if you know the problem

Is your phone closing background apps after being not open for a while?

@misterATOMIC I think I might have the solution for you! Try going into settings and go into general.

Scroll dow unit you see:

“Enable Infinite Flight connect” this will allow for third party apps to work. Make sure this is checked before using the app.

Kindest regards,

GlidingC

2 Likes

Yeah gotta enable IF Connect in the general settings.

No, he left it open.

Hey, I’m gonna try this as soon as I can get my phone.
Thanks, I’ll let you know

It was already activated but I had activated ForeFlight when I didn’t. Oddly enough, it was activated…

Try restarting your device and open both apps. Open up IF first and then open up IF assistance then you should hear “Hey their captain ready when you are” as like a confirmation that it worked.

Okay, he says that to me when I run the app.

1 Like

You need to do some steps in your phone’s settings to get it working properly.

I’ve had the same issue on a P20 Pro and I have provided the steps which helped a lot of people on Huawei devices!
This is not the fault of In-Flight Assistant, but the aggressive battery/memory management of Huawei devices. Don’t worry, we’ll get you sorted in no time!

@epaga, could you please link that post where I’ve posted the steps, please?

1 Like

Here is the workaround! Change the setting and In-Flight Assistant will work! It did work for me on the P20 Pro!

1 Like

If you could quote me the steps, that would be great. I immediately thought it was my Huawei’s fault and not the app don’t worry

1 Like

Okay, i have activate the “backdrop” i test now.

1 Like

Okay, I think you just figured it out. Thank you very much. Thank you very much.
The developer would have to put that in the description. Thank you for being a Huawei user and helping me :)

1 Like

Unfortunately the steps are not the same for different manufacturers and as you know there are loads of companies with different UI variants that make android phones. We are here and try to help individually. Makes it much more easier than filling the app description with steps for 10+ different UI variants.

I’m glad it worked for you as well!

Safe flights and happy landings!

1 Like

Yes Huawei, has a different version indeed.
Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Yes! :D

1 Like

Thank you guys so much for helping out - especially @The_Wolf ! Glad you could get this sorted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.