In-Flight Assistant (Android): V-Speed Update (1.3) is out! Bring your Infinite Flight experience to a new level!

SIGNED UP!! updating now :) I love your app, it makes IF so much more realistic and it’s awesome you are still working to make it even better :)

1 Like

Thanks! Sadly my average Play Store rating has gone down since the last update since Android 9.0 kills background apps by default. People think it’s my app’s fault. So again: ratings & reviews are MUCH appreciated if you haven’t yet! hint hint 🥺

I’ll do one now ;)

1 Like

Right on it, cheers! :)

Edit: Just checked my rating input, it was already on 5 stars :D

1 Like

Hi John, heres my first report:

CaptJ#01 09/05/19

WORKS FLAWLESSLY!

Device details

Brand: Xiaomi, model: Mi Max 2
Android ver. 7.1.1 NMF26F
CPU: Octa-core Max 2.00GHZ
RAM: 4.00GB
Internal storage: 17.52GB available, 64GB total.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi, just tested this amazing app and it works perfectly, many thanks.

Device details

Brand: Sony Xperia XZ2
Android ver: 9
CPU: Octa-core(4×2.7 Ghz Kyro 835 Gold & 4×1.7 Ghz Kyro 385 Silver)
RAM: 4.00/6.00GB
Internal storage: 35.82GB available, 64GB total.

2 Likes

I can not find the beta on my galaxy s9+

Delet and Re-Install. -> works on my S9+

3 Likes

I just signed up to a tester, tonight I’ll download the right version to my tablet which I use for IFA

2 Likes

Works perfect under Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and S9+.

Any news about In-Flight Operations for Android ?

2 Likes

No news other than that I’ve started and it’s still in my plan. Just wanted to release this feature first.

BTW thanks for your feedback so far on the beta, guys! Still a couple things to do before I release, but the v-speeds for especially the most flown aircraft seem to be working great on iOS - planning on copying that over and getting an Android beta update out soon.

1 Like

Not sure where to post a big found. After using it twice with the an inflight quit of IF due to other needs, it no longer is syncing with IF. I hard stopped the app in the background and reloaded and it worked again. Just a heads up.

1 Like

Hi. I use In-Flight Assistant on my Sony Xperia XZ 1 compact (Android 9.0). I was able to solve the problem that the app In-Flight Assistant closes automatically in the background. But I have one problem. When I open the Assistant, it says “Hey there Captain, ready when you are!”. That is normal and after that, the app keeps working in the background. But often when I’m on the ground it keeps saying “Hey there…”. The greeting gets repeated around every 10 seconds. The app don’t diconnects during that, so all the functions are working. But it is really annoying if the app keeps greeting me. Is there a way to solve this problem or to turn the greeting off?

This is due to Android shutting down the app (or IF’s API service) to save battery, the app then automatically restarts itself.

grumbles in general direction of Android

Here’s a guide that should help you set up your device to stop Android from doing this madness: http://bit.ly/if-a-connection-guide

Note there’s no direct instructions in there for Sony, but I’m assuming it will be similar. In fact, if you figure out where the settings are and could make a couple screenshots, I’ll add them to the guide!

I have already read this guide. This is in fact different to (my) Sony device. But I found the setting from Sony which disable the save battery option from selected apps and I can make a few screenshots of it. The problem that the app stopps running in the background is solved with this setting. But the problem that the app keeps restarting (and keeps saying that greeting) is not solved with that setting.
(I’m currently on a flight so expect the screenshots after around 19:00 GMT/UTC)

1 Like

Did you apply that setting to BOTH IF-A and Infinite Flight itself? This effect (of multiple greetings) is exactly the same thing going on, it’s just that the app (and/or IF’s API service) keeps restarting itself.

Yes, I did. I will stop my flight to make some screenshots now.

Settings --> Apps & notifications --> (scroll down) Advanced --> Special app access --> Power-saving feature --> Apps --> select IFAssistant and Infinite Flight

2 Likes

OK but there is also “Battery Optimization” - three dots on the top right in the battery screen: https://dontkillmyapp.com/sony

Try to make your app not battery optimized in Phone settings > Battery > Three dots in the top right corner > Battery optimisation > Apps > your app .

I also tried that but there is no “Battery optimisation” option on my sony device:
(“Power-saving exceptions” lead to the same settings I showed in my screenshots)

Screenshot_20190514-155205

1 Like