In-Flight Assistant (Android): V-Speed Update (1.3) is out! Bring your Infinite Flight experience to a new level!

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, No it did not work for me; the IFA still stops working about 15 seconds of start-up (unless) i hit a IFA call-out button within the 15 seconds of the last one. Also, SOMETIMES it comes back on during mid-flight and disconnects again…but no there is NO resolution on my end.

Did you add IF-A to Unmonitored Apps?

Please post a screenshot of the list of Unmonitored Apps so that we can confirm you actually added IF-A to it.

It looks like this:

If you didn’t follow the steps supplied earlier, it will not work.
Help us help you by following the steps. Otherwise you make it impossible for us to help you.

everything has changed with the new update of android, I have already done all that and it still does not work

Did you add IF-A to Unmonitored Apps?

Please post a screenshot of the list of Unmonitored Apps so that we can confirm you actually added IF-A to it.

It looks like this:

If you didn’t follow the steps supplied earlier, it will not work.
Help us help you by following the steps. Otherwise you make it impossible for us to help you.

Hi Jan, I am not sure about the other folks, but there is no such thing as "Unmonitored Apps from Samsung phones S9+ to be exact. I followed the directions as listed until the portion which mentioned “Unmonitored Apps”. There was a BIG Update two weeks ago from Samsung…I am not sure if what you are asking still exist after the update. I did upload my screen shot…It seems that the issue is not going away with IFA, just not working for my phone in particular…

1 Like

The Pie update for my S8+ arrived, so I was able to test things.

"Unmonitored Apps" has been replaced by “Apps not optimised”.

I was able to confirm that there is a disconnect isssue when IF-A is being “optimised”, in the exact same way as before, when the app was “monitored”.

More importantly I was able to confirm that the following solution resolves the issue.

Go to:

Settings -> Apps -> Menu (top right) -> Special access -> Optimise battery usage.
Select “All” instead of “Apps not optimised”, scroll down, find IFAssistant and uncheck it (turn it off).

It will now have been added to “Apps not optimised” and will NOT stop working anymore.

7 Likes

So,this is a good app for infinite flight,both my friends and I are using it ,I wish this app will be more truly than before.And what is this ones differences between infinite passanger?

attached photo, in case you do not know where is in the new update of android 9, for unmonitored apk

I’ve just reset it to your instructions. I’ll let you know if it works in a few hours… about to depart from LCRA to EGVN 😉

Fingers crossed Jan but thanks for the instructions anyway 👍👍

4 Likes

So does this work for you now, @ALCO and @Flight813 ? I will be updating my Android connection guide with these steps. Thank you so very much as usual for your help, @Jan and @Jeno_Farkas.

2 Likes

Yes…I actually figured it out late last-night (EST) as soon as I posted my comments. But it is working…flown a couple times and IFA did not disconnect.

2 Likes

I can confirm for OnePlus users that setting the app to “not optimized” and locking it works. Just tested it on the latest Pie version 9.0.4 on a OnePlus 5.

1 Like

@epaga I would like to know if I could include the unstable camera in android? I’m looking forward to having it, is working something on Android?

It’s coming soon.
Probably in the next version. 😉

4 Likes

Yep, currently working on it! Jan has even seen a beta version of it. 😜 Want to see if I can get it a bit smoother, but it should be coming soon…ish… 😎

3 Likes

Great News.
Don´t want be rude, but you also have In-Flight Operations for Android on your screen ?

1 Like

@epaga for me it is an incredible news, I really want to use it, my takeoffs and landings will be more realistic, waiting for news of it

Nice! I expect a lot of bugs for you. Keep working up and take your time.

1 Like

Sounds great! I was flying last night and figured that if the copilot would handle the gear and flaps on takeoff and landing that it would be a great feature. Any plans for that? Thanks

1 Like

Yep, I do. It’s a pretty big screen. 😜

Hmmm…that’s kind of a fun idea! Will think about it. Not sure how realistic it is. It’s kind of what the Voice Commands is intended for.

3 Likes