In-Flight Assistant (Android): Bring IF realism to the next level with the ultimate soundscape add-on!

Got all the callouts implemented! Now comes the IAP purchase setup and then the testing! Almost there!

Ok call it a dumb question but what is RAAS and what is it used for?

RAAS stands for Runway Awareness and Advisory System and is about 15 new callouts. The callouts all have to do with the runway or your approach and are intended to keep you aware of your current situation, which runway you’re on or approaching, etc.

In real life, the system is currently only on the most modern of airliners (so it wouldn’t be on a TBM to help you with your landings or takeoffs for example), but I won’t tell anyone if you activate it. 😜

“Caution! On Taxiway! On Taxiway!” (while taking off)

“Caution! Taxiway! Taxiway!” (while approaching)

“Approaching Runway 32R!”

“On Runway 32R!”

“Flaps! Flaps!”

“Too High! Too High!”

“Too Fast! Too Fast!”

“Unstable! Unstable!”

“Long Landing! Long Landing!”

“100/200/400/700/1000 Remaining!”

“Approaching 32R!” (while approaching for landing)

“Short Runway! Short Runway!”

Time to check the Play Store ?

Not quite, we’ll see how many bugs we find. :) I only have an old Nexus 4 myself, so it’s always a bit of a headache to test…

Can’t wait for the android version, my friends who are using apple, are yelling things like “this thing is so cool, I can’t believe it, blablaba” every single day lol

I like your friends. 😜

basically what they did for the first week was just try to trigger each one of the notifications and alarms and record them! >_^

PSA to anyone with a Huawei phone: https://phandroid.com/2017/02/02/huawei-honor-emui-first-thing/

This is crazy stuff, which apparently is finally turned off with the latest EMUI update. This has caused lots of issues for a few of you - one guy at least told me after updating to the latest EMUI version, IF-A finally no longer was shut down mid-flight.

As an iOS user I‘m just going 🙄

For everyone on a newer EMUI version:

(My example is the Huawei P20 Pro, EMUI 8.1.0.133)

In this EMUI version we have a different option (compared to what the article is about) , under Settings/Battery/App Launch.

Look out for IF-A in the list, tap on it and set the third option:

Run in background (keep app running in background)

I have had issues with the App Launch set to automatic for IF-A, but after changing it to manual with the 3rd option, the app worked as it should, without the Power Intesive warning.

Thanks so much @Jeno_Farkas! I’ve made this bold so people can easily find it later. :)

I thought it would be ideal to list devices that are not covered by the article @epaga linked (due to the newer EMUI version), and the the solution can be used with them:

EMUI 8.X compatible devices:

• Huawei P10( VTR-L09, VTRL29, VTR-AL00, VTR-TL00)
  • Honor 7X
  • Huawei Mate 10
  • Huawei Mate 10 Pro
  • Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Edition
  • Huawei Mate 10 Lite
  • Honor 6C Pro(JM AL00/AL10- JMM TL00/TL10)
  • Huawei Mate 9
  • Huawei Mate 9 Pro
  • Huawei P9
  • Huawei P9 Lite Mini
  • Honor 6x
  • Huawei P10 lite (Lx1, Lx2, Lx3)
  • Huawei Honor 9(AL00, AL10, TL10)
  • Huawei P8 Lite 2017 [Huawei P9 Lite (2017), Huawei Honor 8 Lite, Huawei Nova Lite, Huawei GR3 (2017)]
  • Huawei Nova 2(PIC-AL00)
  • Huawei Nova 2 Plus(BAC-AL00)
  • Huawei Honor 8 Pro
  • Huawei P10 Plus
  • Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
  • Huawei P20 Lite, P20, P20 Pro

Any older models that are not on the list are most likely to not being compatible with Oreo and probably got stuck on EMUI 5 or 4.1(EMUI 6 and 7 have been skipped). In that case, use the article from one of the posts above!

Newer Huawei devices are being released with EMUI 8.x or soon with Android Pie based EMUI 9.

As soon as I can get my hands on the Pie beta, I will check how IF-A works and if anything has been changed in the background app management options.

Is the voice recognition also for Android?

No, not yet.

I paid and it work!! Thank for your all of time making this app. It was the worth of money.

Yay, that’s great to hear! Would you mind posting a short Play Store review for me - those are really helpful!

@B4ND1T @Ryan2

OK, I’d really like to figure out how to fix this issue. It seems to be for only a small portion of users, but if we can figure it out for you, this might help the others running into issues. Anyone with a Huawei device should read the post further up.

But you two seem to have tried most of the things I ask people (battery saving mode, etc.) - but have you tried turning down IF graphics settings to low? Does it still happen then?

Do you receive phone calls or Skype calls or something while you fly IF, could this be part of it? Do you listen to music or anything that might interfere with IF-A’s audio?

Does any other Android user have any tips what might be shutting down IF-A during a flight?

In-Flight Assistant (iOS): Bring IF realism to the next level with the ultimate soundscape add-on!

I have them on low during the flight on long flights and it still does it but short flights all on high

Hey @epaga No I haven’t tried it on low graphics yet, but other than that I have no other apps opened while using IF and IF-A and it still pops off and on during flights…

Try this:

At the bottom of the battery screen, tap Unmonitored apps and add IF-A.

I hope this helps.

If not, try this:

Try turning the App Power Monitor off.
Just for testing purposes though!

WARNING!!
This could have serious consequences in terms of battery drain.
Don’t forget to turn it back on again!!

You can find these settings by tapping on the tree dots in the top right corner of the battery screen. Click Advanced Settings.

WARNING!!
This could have serious consequences in terms of battery drain.
Don’t forget to turn it back on again!!