[In Development / Alpha Testing] Official Flight Management Computer Thread

@LouDon I’ve coded simple apps for iOS using Swift, and have some experience in JavaScript. I’ve been coding for years as a hobby, and now it is turning into a business.

I’ve built a few small iOS apps for my school, but thats it with iOS. I have taken programming for years, including multiple AP classes.

Oh boy. No apps on the App Store, but I develop databases for websites and apps all the time, so integration is my LIFE, even though it’s very annoying… High-level experience with Obj-C, C#, C++, PHP, NoSQL, etc. And Swift for these lovely gentlemen.

Perfect option. Even after IF updates airports with taxi lights, this will still be helpful.

This sounds amazing but how does it work I did not know 3rd party devs could make things like VNAV work.

Great stuff from you guys and FDS team for allowing things like this to be possible.

There is a Infinite Flight API.

Nice idea! Ill buy it for sure!

Thanks for the support!

Is this going to be an external app? Or is it built into the game?

It will be an external app. You will be able to control IF from the same device, or a separate device. :)

"auto taxi is unrealistic and takes away from your flying experience"
if you don’t like it don’t use it
not rocket science

When will the app be ready for purchase? 1-5 years?

We do not have a time table at the moment, but we will update you as soon as possible

Building applications is harder than you think, but between the 3 of us, we have ample experience. I am not going to release a timetable of when I expect it to come out, but I would hope it’s within the next 45 years!

Announcement: We have renamed the app to “Flight Management Computer” to avoid confusion with the actual Infinite Flight app, and to comply with Apple App Store guidelines. We are sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you.

The FlyEasier Development Studios Team

I knew I did not know the api you could do this

The IF Connect API can do so much, it’s sometimes beyond the scope of us developers! Some of us were wondering if we could read the percentage load and weight of the plane.

MaxSez: Pls link your FMC initiative as a correction to the VNav Topic. Appears you must hit some people between the eye’s before they recognized the fact that VNav is not a stand alone.

This is cool!

Not sure if it’s been asked or not, but will you be able to connect from off site or will the FMC need to be on the same WiFi connection?

Can iPad be at home while we log in from work/school to make adjustment?

Flight plane adjustments from off site a possibility?

How about holding patterns? Since you’ll be able to get it to migrate non fix data, could you incorporate holds?

Awesome idea guys!

As of now, IF Connect only works on the same WiFi network, so that solves your first two questions. It will work on the same device and on a separate device. Hold patterns will be something that may come in a future update, but as of now, we are sticking to the top 3 features, including a VNAV system.

Thank you so much for your support!