In a VA, would you prefer to fly wherever or have to start a new flight from where you landed?

As the president of a VA, a lot of pilots in my VA tend to fly realistically - to my liking.

However, even if they wouldn’t, I would be fine with that. After all, this is a simulator!

-Vinne (Chairman of Cathay Pacific Virtual)

1 Like

Hey there! When I was creating WestJet Virtual Group, I came across this same exact issue. I personally like to depart where I last landed, but how do I cater to pilots whom don’t enjoy this? Create two different programs of course (Maple Leaf Program/Banff National Park Program)! One program offers a open end approach, where pilots can fly anywhere they wish, and on the other hand a program that encourages pilots to follow regulations and build up skill. Feel free to PM me if you need any help or want to understand more.

3 Likes

If I understand correctly, it is almost like a career mode and a regular mode?

1 Like

In basic terms, yes. But knowing me, I went a lot deeper.

1 Like

Got it! That is certainly a great idea. I am still in IFVARB Certification so I have time to think, but I really do appreciate your guidance!

1 Like

I always depart from last location. Feels like a crime if I don’t 🤣
I think there should be a good mix of fun and realism in a VA though. You want to he professional and help your pilots learn new things whilst in your VA, however you want to be able to enjoy it and have a laugh at the same time!

2 Likes

I think we have too many VAs who allow pilots to depart form the location in which they landed from their last fight, It would be better for the IFC to have more VAs that make you depart from your last known location. This increases realism and also allows the IFC to have a different variety of VAs that operate in a more unique way.

1 Like

for my VA, and i know @UnitedVirtual does this. I have pilots start from the location that they last arrived on. Makes it much more realistic.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! The realism is a big part of my VA, so I think that is the path I am going to go down :)

1 Like

I would say that if you were making a VA you should put both aspects in. This is due to the fact that pilots are “deadheaded” on commercial flights to reposition all the time.

1 Like

I’m the VP/COO of AMVA and I almost always begin my flights from the airport where I last landed, however I don’t think this is a trend within my VA. I’ve only noticed one other pilot doing this besides myself, so I think it’s a matter of personal preference and both sides are valid.

At AMVA we allow both, so pilots can choose according to their needs.

1 Like

I couldn’t vote on the poll because I like both ideas. Many times, I fly from the last place I did. If I don’t have the time (or I just want to fly somewhere else), I’ll just fly somewhere else.

Flying somewhere else doesn’t take away from realism at all.

3 Likes

It depends if I’m lazy on that day or not. Pretty much the only things that changes my decisions.

2 Likes

I try my best to fly back from the same destination but pilots normally want to do a mini group flight together at random times which it’s hard to say no to. Also it’s good to have the option to do both

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.