Improving Infinite Flight's UI

Yeah but having more buttons is more fun. I mean, who doesn’t love pressing buttons? ;)

That’s right, it also improves the realism in IF. Pilots will have more to do and will have a higher responsibility.

1 Like

Interesting concept. I hope you don’t mind if I list my current pro’s and cons?

Pro:

1. I like the movement of flaps to the left side of the screen! I think it will make it easier to execute takeoffs and go around.
  2. Same with the trim, I think it works well over on the left hand side.
  3. The new systems idea looks interesting! I think it will work well, as more complex features come to IF

Cons:

1. I think the AP button should be moved up, that way I don’t accidentally hit the rudder
  2. Where did the AP selections go? (SPD, HDG, ALT, VS). I’d love for those to stay on the main panel. After departure, it’s easier to be able to program them while also maintaining control of the aircraft. The more buttons I need to push, the less I am able to focus on the current phase of flight.

Overall, I’m liking the changes! Seem innovative, and a new look is great!

Also, the C172 looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to fly it.

6 Likes

I put this here so that people wouldn’t have to click the link all the time!

6 Likes

I like that he called out rortos in a smart way… although, at least IF is a leader and not a follower and inspire OTHER game developers…

Talking about the AP button, I’d love for this press and hold feature to be implemented in the future to avoid accidental disengaging of the autopilot.

4 Likes

@Zuhair.Mazhar You are absolutely right, this has clearly been an issue. Accidental AP activation or disengages are very common, resulting in crashes and unintentional violations.

1 Like

That looks like an iPad, and if so I suppose we can say by the looks of it the AP functions will he hidden under a tab as they are now on phones, I would really love it if you kept it the way it is for that one. I find myself flicking on altitude hold, or heading hold all the time, and having more controls on screen at any given moment has been one of the biggest reasons I prefer my iPad so much for IF, I have the screen space, please let me keep using it…

That said, I do appreciate the movement of the rudder I have been consciously trying to use that more since before I almost never touched it, but once I took a flight lesson I saw just how much it’s used, and this will help, overall I really like it, but I’m not a huge fan of how much everything has been condensed. Especially on some bigger tablets you have plenty of screen real estate, and one click is always better than two, so even having a setting to spread it out or something would go a long way for me…

1 Like

From looking at the image my prediction is that they are under admin or misc only time will tell. Also we can now confirm that the new Cessna will have a openable baggage door, openable windows, openable left door and an openable right door along with animated switches. But like I said at the start, they are most likely under admin or misc.

2 Likes

The AP button opens a panel with all the AP toggles in there.

12 Likes

I fear I’m going to accidentally hit NAV and AP when scrolling through that systems menu, but it looks great! :)

Edit: Answered above, didn’t see that while typing, thanks Philippe.

2 Likes

I think this is great using areofly and xplane interactive cockpits is not very easy.

Would be great to have that in infinite flight though as a option still but I’d probably use 2D Ui more.

2 Likes

I agree with you @Matthew , it really will be an amazing improvement! I’m really excited. :)

2 Likes

I see you taking digs at X-plane.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

In one word…Innovative : )

now if we can just move the close button on the mini information screen so I don’t accidentally hit full throttle sometimes. jk. XD

Seriously though, this is a great change that’s been needed for a long time. I’m seeing some great solutions to an ever expanding systems page with the sub-sections. One thing that I’ve ALWAYS wanted is to not have the flaps on the rudder side of the screen, so to see new UI on the left (trim,flaps and brakes) is great. Did anyone see the “spoilers” though? wonder where those will be, hmmm.

IF LLC is on track to keep winning the flight community over with a comprehensive flight simulator on mobile for years. Mind blown!

New UI is just another way IF LLC continues to Crocodile Dundee the competition, “That’s not a flight simulator, this is a flight simulator”! (in an Australian accent of course). LOL

1 Like

@Qantas094 What do you mean by “they”?

This is going to be great. Really looking forward to the Cessna 172 rework.

I just want to know what ‘ADMIN’ and ‘MISC’ have in them 🤔

20190926_002221

2 Likes

That’s for the Admins and everyone who has access to those to know and only they know😂😂😂

1 Like