Improving Infinite Flight's UI

Nailing the user experience for any app can feel like an insurmountable task. Get it wrong, and a user may be lost forever, without a chance to win them back. This is no exception for us at Infinite Flight. Controls have to be where you expect them to be while flying, especially during critical phases of flight. So what happens when you decide to change it up?

We’d love to know what your reactions are to this change. Let us know below! Be sure to read the full article for a sample animation of the new changes.

Read the full article here →

78 Likes

This will be really nice

1 Like

Really great idea as always guys!

Can’t wait to use the new UI

1 Like

Please for the love of us all keep it that way in the little demo animation, that was so beautiful and looked so beautiful. Please at least keep that general idea if you do change it up, it was so amazing. Or for some who may not like it maybe implement an option in the game settings to keep the UI the way it is now, or the updated one:)

tenor

In all seriousness, It looks really cool.

1 Like

Doesn’t look bad, and looks better than what it is now!

3 Likes

I really like the idea!

1 Like

Like the teaser you put of the C172 looks nice

2 Likes

A very interesting blog post indeed. I like the inclusion of the GIF. I really like the concept so far! Can’t wait to see what’s going to be included.

2 Likes

Definitely going to be a huge change for me. Moving flaps and trim to the left will take some time to adjust to, but I can already see that the new setup will be easier to fly with than the one we have right now. With that being said, I’d like the devs to know that you have my full support on the new UI.

3 Likes

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! An amazing new HUD and live cockpit aircraft! This update has my total support.

It would be great to be able to choose the rudder size and length

@jasonrosewell Thanks a lot for the informative blog post. The new setup looks great and definitely appears to be an improvement. My one hope with this new layout is that progressive braking may now be easier to implement with a slider, as the brakes are now located by the throttle. I know this may not happen soon, but it would be a nice future addition. One question though: I assume the HUD view hasn’t changed much for those planes without live instruments?

1 Like

Pretty good guys!

1 Like

Brakes on the opposite side of rudder , nice 👍

that’s soooo nice

nb you can currently brake by tapping and sliding down on the rudder control.

1 Like

@jasonrosewell How does that work? I brake by touching the brake button.

I love the idea of systems panels addition… It would increase the realism of the simulator… Waiting eagerly to start the APU😉

1 Like