Improved United Livery on Boeing 787-9

An Improved United 787-9 Livery for Infinite Flight

Infinite Flight vs real life:

Credit for real life photo (by Mikko Mertanen): N13954 United Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Photo by Mikko Mertanen | ID 860848 | Planespotters.net

About United Airlines

United Airlines, Inc. (commonly referred to as United) is a major American airline headquartered at Willis Tower, Illinois. United operates a large domestic and international route network spanning cities large and small across the United States and all six continents. Measured by fleet size and the number of routes, it is the third largest airline in the world.
United Airlines - Wikipedia

Why?

The United Airlines Dreamliner livery is a favorite of mine, being one of the most elegant liveries to have ever appeared on the 787. However, I’m sad to say that the livery on the 787-9 in Infinite Flight has one very noticeable flaw hindering its perfection: the UNITED text is too tall! This one error slightly spoils the overall look of the livery in my opinion, which is why I request the devs to make a simple change that should not take much effort, which is to make the letters shorter! This will significantly improve the overall appearance of the aircraft, as well as the overall realism of the sim. So what are you waiting for IFC? Vote to give the United Dreamliner livery on the 787-9 the proper representation it deserves!

None of the liveries are perfect and I am sure will be improved when the aircraft gets reworked. There’s is a difference in lighting between the pictures as well.

Don’t think this deserves its own topic.

2 Likes

Good point, but it’s worth a shot anyway.

2 Likes

I think we should have the new blue united livery it looks nicer and looks pretty good on the 777 and 737

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the livery itself its just the textures imo

1 Like

we have the 77W in the new blue livery :)

1 Like

I suppose one could make that argument.

1 Like