Improved Map and Radar Screen

Great idea. I would also love to see terrain as an option to see nearby mountains in high airports, like Innsbruck

1 Like

I would love something like this to be a screen in aircraft when in 1st person! Even if it updated every hour or something… It would still be awesome

2 Likes

I mean, live weather data is already in the game and updates regularly (don’t know how frequent tho), so there needs to be a source. The next step would be, as you already said, to show the data on a screen in the cockpit, and this would be awesome!

1 Like

This is amazing I most cirtainly would love this in IF

This topic definitely needs more attention. Hopefully this comes in an interface update soon!

1 Like

I would love to see something like this in Infinite Flight!

1 Like

This is ND, navigational display. Dev can implement this on smaller map without affecting all other bits on screen. Able to toggle between map, routes, vor/ils, Wx etc. It can help us with t/d top of decent. Ok, I’m not mean expert on mobile development…maybe this all heavy work for current gen. just my thought

The problem with this is that the doppler radar returns the precipitation, which isn’t implemented. The winds aloft thing was a developer feature to test out the effects of the new winds aloft implementation.

So basically the radar would pick up on any rain, snow, slush etc. which would be pretty much useless.

To be honest that would be a great feature but I do not know if they are going to get that technical with all of the planes

I feel like we could still be realistic and vector ourselves around it. I often try to do that, but cross-referencing 3 different sources is a bit much 🤷🏼‍♂️

I made quick pic, even added button on first image ;)

12 Likes

So cool aye could imagine switching between terrain mode and radar mode

1 Like

I would really lové to have this… really…
The problem is that the code isn’t optimized and there are plenty other websites / services to make that. (A dev told me that)

The only solution for now should be the following : a Good développer to build another third party app to make radar screen. (This should started to make too much third party apps to get full tools for a safe flight if running everything at the same Time…)

1 Like

Actually something like that would be nice to have…

With the current edition of the A10 with working instruments- I think we might see this

2 Likes

Especially on commercial airplanes, it could be a real possibility.

You got my vote

1 Like

We really need this

2 Likes

We also need taxiways on the map.

4 Likes

This is needed, this would bring this game to another level! If I could put 1.000 votes in I would!

1 Like

I hope this comes along with the clouds, for deviations from formations

4 Likes