Improve airport & ground lights

We need it I think tbh

1 Like

Great post.

My biggest areas for improvement on airport lighting are:

1. Taxiway lighting

2. More visible PAPI/VASI lights: When you look at other mobile sims, many have more visible PAPI/VASI lights.

These lights are especially important during visual approaches.

1. More detailed approach lighting to include flashing light strips during times of low visibility: this is lower priority but would ramp up realism.
3 Likes

Community,

Please continue to consider voting for this feature. We really need improved airport lighting (ie: taxiway lights & better runway lighting) so we can enjoy night flying. Currently, I can only really enjoy day time flying.

We have great atmospherics, let’s make our airport lighting great as well!

3 Likes

The feature would be so awesome. Not only is it looking really cool, it would improve flying at night, sunrise, sunset, and low visibility so much that I would probably fly night only. I can only repeat what I already commented under the taxi light feature: I’d love to see it and imo it should be done before adding any more new aircraft.

4 Likes

I agree 100%. Taxiway lights are definitely needed and we really need some improved runway lights.

If other mobile sims can do it, Infinite Flight definitely can be as good if not better on the airport lighting !

1 Like

I believe this was already a feature request 🤔:

3 Likes

It would be great to have improved airport lights especially taxiway lights. Please vote if you agree!

2 Likes

IMO this is one of the biggest things we need in order to make night flying more enjoyable. The data for taxiway lights and approach lights are added by the IFAET, but drawing lights uses a lot of resources. FDS seems committed to working through memory issues, so hopefully we get these before too long.

3 Likes

Great idea! I would love to see this with 3D buildings!

2 Likes

I don’t remember when but in a flight cast video one of the developers did say they r trying to include airport lighting. If I find the video I’ll send you the link to it.

4 Likes

This is one of the best requests for sure.
I hate when I have to set daylight because I cannot see the taxiway or the runway. So I gave you my vote and I hope that the DEV’s take their time to improve lights in general.

Regards

2 Likes

Yes I would love lighting

I agree.

Community, please consider voting for improved airport lighting if you haven’t already. Main airport lighting items we’d like to see added or improved:

1. Add taxiway lighting

2. Improve runway lighting

3. Add runway approach lighting to include light strips with flashing lights for low visibility approaches

We already have awesome night time atmospherics but airport lighting needs improvement, making it difficult to truly enjoy night flying.

1 Like

I have to disagree here. Flying at night is horrible, you neither see where you’re taxiing nor can you clearly see the runway during approach. When flying, everything is pitch black, you can’t navigate at all because you cannot see any cities. Full moon nights are also no solution for me because it’s like flying in the day with a black/white filter on. Cool effects like the pre-global strobes and beacon lights which were visible on the ground are also gone. I really hope for huge improvements in the near future!

2 Likes

Developers and admins won’t care these topics.

2 Likes

In all fair opinion you are wrong. Devs and staff regularly check the feature requests for topics that the community would like. So they don’t have any interest in it now. But you never know, they might be working on it, or be thinking about it.

3 Likes

would have voted if i had ot run out of votes. we should also get logo lights on the planes and landing lights.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thanks a lot I appreciate it!

1 Like

Brilliant idea, I already have my vote haha…