Implementation of AI for Solo Mode

Hey Guys!

I had an idea to help make the experience better for users who prefer to fly on Solo mode rather than Live. This is idea is about the implementation of AI or Artificial Intelligence.

In video games, artificial intelligence is used to generate intelligent behaviors primarily in non-player characters (NPCs), often simulating human-like intelligence. The techniques used typically draw upon existing methods from the field of artificial intelligence (AI). However, the term game AI is often used to refer to a broad set of algorithms that also include techniques from control theory, robotics, computer graphics and computer science in general.

These are just some ways that AI could be used in Infinite Flight:
-Parked Aircraft at Gates
-Parked Aircraft on the Ramp
-Aircraft Taxiing in the Airport
-Aircraft Departing
-Aircraft Arriving
-Aircraft Flying around Regions

This obviously would take lots of time to work on. Yet I was just curious to know what you guys think about this idea.

Please leave your comments below :wink:

9 Likes

It would be very slow… and Live pretty much solves this issue :smile:

22 Likes

I was just curious to know, but what would be slow?

The game would be laggy as it would have to move the ai aircraft.

I would love ai aircraft in solo, I’m often offline so I only play solo.

1 Like

This would pretty much defeat the purpose of live…

Some people can’t afford live or can’t play it 😕😔

2 Likes

Only problem is here in Australia live is very expensive

4 Likes

Not only in Australia…

3 Likes

There also should be a switch to turn it on and off

2 Likes

AI or Global? Hmm… Add extra memory to play against a bot(s) and be a restrictive game like some other sims or allow IF users to fly anywhere in the world. Hmm…

2 Likes

I k but is so empty in solo mode and boring I k you need money and that but we ar not made of money so please Lura think on this

1 Like

Live is the same price every where in the world.

1 Like

I would support this, only if ATC was implemented as well.

1 Like

Yes, atc would also be amazing.

1 Like

Yeah, and people could have practice with atc on solo mode as well. Plus it would be crazy without atc lol 😉

2 Likes

True. I really have my fingers crossed that this will be added…

1 Like

Doubt it, only 0.5% of all feature requests make it in. Plus laura did say that it would be very laggy on smaller devices. Still though, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

But it isn’t a sustainable business model, if they add AI I don’t think many people would use Live anymore.

1 Like

Maybe they could make it a one-time purchase option, plus live gives us an opportunity to do events, and fly with our community friends.

2 Likes

It could be an option, which you could switch on and increase or decrease the number of aircraft.

1 Like