im confused..

hey IFC jus notice something yesterday and today and dat is since when has trying to contact TW of xx airport require a distance of 23nm or less? and to contact approach it 30nm or less? and is I jus me or when the controller does send and switch its not consistant like one flight it will switch but then another flight the app sends u off to xx frequency and tthen when u press it u end up on Unicom but it still looks like a regular requency and with normal options and etc but its jus blank nothing is transmitted… if anyone has a answer to dis I would apprciate cha and OFC

have a great day :)

2 Likes

Are you referring to technical issues communicating with ATC?

While i had this issue last night with RJTT, i was able to tune into tower before approach.

2 Likes

yup thinks are acting funny since yesterday :/

It has been this way for a while. You can contact tower further out by tuning in via the radar instead of the headset icon.

2 Likes

Chris yesterday on approach into RJTT i had to hold at 20,000 because i was like 30-40NM and i couldn’t contact approach, but i could tune into Tower before Approach, i was able to get on approach, but it was a lot later then i was comfortable with

1 Like

I always click the airport name then select frequency but now instead of 100nm atis is something different and app is 30 and less and tower 23nm and less

1 Like

@Alphadog4646 yesterday at RJTT I could not contact app until I think 20 or even less like u said tower showed up way b4 app did which was weird…

1 Like

I hope it’s not a new bug or something.

It may have been the build up of airports, or ATC wasnt active for a short period of time 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Are you noticing this at other airports or just RJTT?

2 Likes

Also, I don’t know if this is common or not, since I saw this topic I had a similar experience so I wanted to ask. I was departing WMKK airport with active ATC and on my way to RJTT and I could actually stay and lsiten to the frequency for almost 2/3 parts of my flight. Idk if this is normal or something I might not be aware of, but I think that if contacting tower of an arrival airport has somewhat a limited distance then it should be thre same for a departing aircraft.
For example - Tower frequency visible at 30nm for an arrival aircraft, but a departing aircraft from the same airport is able to stay on that frequency for more than 400nm. Please do tell me if I’m correct or wrong.

at EDDF I contacted direct but the told me to contact radar and gave me a send&switch command and when I pressed It I requested an ILS app for rw 25C bu got no answer so I didn’t repeat anything then when I realized I hear no one on the frequency I check to see who is controlling and I saw it said Unicom but mind u it still gave me the regular options u would get on approach frequency

The controller should have told you to change frequency after you left their airspace, but yes. It is possible to remain on the frequency that far away.

1 Like

Yeah just to be clear he did clear me for a frequency change but I purposely wanted to stay on it, to check how long does it takes before it auto disconnects the frequency.

@Alphadog4646 idk because my last flight today at Frankfurt I had the option of atis and app at 101nm out so it’s Not consistent maybe this could be looked into but if not approach will show up when it shows up ig

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.