ILS Broken EGLC

ILS is broken on 9 and 27 literally a couple weeks ago it was working :/

What do you mean?

Do you mean it came back to the old 3° glide slope?

when i use the glideslope i overshoot… well tbh not overshoot just landing midway up the runway.

Its not broken, you need to descend at a steeper angle. That´s how it works, the glide slope is of 5,5°.

4 Likes

I believe that EGLC has a steep ILS approach of 5.5° degrees. I tried using APPR mode today, but you need to take control to land

1 Like

so that means the ILS is non functional then :/

Not for the APPR. But flying, it works.

2 Likes

The APPR is configured for the 3° glide path. Hold on, I´m taking some screenshots for the steep approach.

1 Like

Mmmm they should fix it :p When I’m lazy I use the A320 type XD

1 Like

There’s nothing to fix. I believe that IRL APPR is also only configured for 3° ILS.

1 Like

Deploy the spoilers to flight when you capture the glide slope, you´ll get a vertical speed of -1400ft/m.
Start reduceing throttle when you aren´t too far from the runway, and idle it completely at 50ft, so as to avoid the ground effect (specially with such a steep descent of -1400ft/m, on the 3° slope, do it at 10ft).
Keep the spoilers on flight until touchdown, then you change them to armed and use the reverse thrust.

10 Likes

You can’t use autoland for EGLC. Autoland only works with specially equipped aircraft and the ones in the game don’t have this feature

4 Likes

But the A320 family is equipped :/

No aircraft in infinite flight has the special equipment to autoland in a 5 degree approach. You’ll just have to hand fly her down

1 Like

But not certified, expect for the A318 I think. Try that one!

3 Likes

Yep, this is clear.

Check the APPR limitations Matt posted a few months ago. 3° is the maximum Autoland can handle

2 Likes

Ah ok fair enough

You should not approach EGLC with an A319 or bigger anyways.

2 Likes