ILS Approach

Whenever I am using the ILS for my approach my aircraft’s FPV isn’t centered on the runway, but the the aircraft doesn’t turn to center the FPV on the runway. That results in me doing a visual approach, so if anyone has a solution to this please tell me!!!

2 Likes

It might be winds that are pushing it off the centerline.

Keep doing what you are doing, I’d turn off the autopilot 5nm from the runway and handfly it down. It may be hard, but perfect practice makes permanent.

3 Likes

That’s what I have been doing, but I just wanted to know if autopilot would fix itself like it does when the source is GPS.

are you asking if approach mode would compensate for the winds?

What aircraft? Some of the aircraft with live cockpit have an off centered FPV when it is enabled.

There is a tutorial on YouTube. Follow that and you should be fine!

Yeah that was what I was asking, but this also happens sometimes when there are no winds.

I watched that, and I do the same steps and it still does the same thing.

What aircraft?

wait I am sorry I do not quite understand the problem?

@TylerShah: The problem is that APPR is guiding the plane off the centerline. However, this can be affected by winds, since APPR does not incoporate the use of the rudder.

I’ll reiterate this, but don’t rely on the autoland. Fly the approach manually.

It is hard, but it is the best way to improve, practice, and become a better pilot.

Autoland is not perfect. I promise that with practice, handflying your landings will make them smoother.

2 Likes

The FPV dot isn’t centered on the middle of the runway during my approach, so I have to do a visual approach.

so when you enter the ILS the FPV is not center and after the APPR mode is enabled it is not turning to center it self?

1 Like

I always try to hand fly. The first time I tried autoland, I had a very bumpy landing of about -700ft/m and I tilted in the runway. The second time, I swerved off the runway and got a violation( I left the server too late😂) But again I’d just fly the visual.

1 Like

That’s what happens.

Can you answer my question for the aircraft please.

787, 777, 350

I thought it did center itself with windy conditions from watching a video of Laura’s on her instagram. @Thunderbolt

honestly though I do not really know and like thunderbolt said always always always hand fly for the last 5 NM I personally like flying it from entering the ILS but it will make things alot smoother for you

1 Like

With the A350, the FPV is already off center because of the view angle for live cockpit. I don’t know about both others.

1 Like

I’ll post a picture tomorrow of what’s happening!!!

2 Likes